Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the crappy new format being advise for the league we'll have a suitable broadcaster now too next season. Eventhough he still doesn't have his own channel for either the livegames or the highlights. Certainly in the case of the rights for the first it probably means a big blow for Canal + in the Netherlands. I think a big part of the people do have there box cause of the Dutch footballgames, not for the movie that are showed, besides those ones after midnight of course. ;)

De Mol has enough money so he can keep it running longer than Sport 7, but still it doesn't feel good. Even if some players from SS would make the move too. Not that it matters much to me for the Ajax-games, since I can watch half of them simply in the ArenA and the rest now hopefully still in a bar. Rather pay for those games by drinking a few beers, than pay-per-view.

Friday live game normally involve only lowly teams so I don't mind those going to RTL or whatever.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
chivu said:
Friday live game normally involve only lowly teams so I don't mind those going to RTL or whatever.
Don't forgot, the friday match + 3 (per team) away matches involving either Feyenoord, PSV or Ajax, live that is.

I'm just for seeing more live football on TV. Dutch league, Spanish league whatever, as long as we don't have to pay for football. We must be one of the few countries that don't show any live football without money in exchange for it.

Congrats to Johnny, Studio Ajax was getting boring anyway. ;)

PS. What's this versatel business, is it behind a decoder like canal + or what and also does anyone have UPC digital? If so, is there any live football on it? Thanks

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We must be one of the few countries that don't show any live football without money in exchange for it.
Is the sentence correct? Cause I think we show more free livefootball than in other countries. Amstel Cup, National team, European Cups and last season also still the German and the English league. They only became too expensive for RTL 5.

Perhaps they're saying it now, but I don't know how Versatel will broadcast their games.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Yes, I know, we get European football and the Dutch NT, but we've been systematically deprived of live football the last decade that you're thinking we're being spoiled right now. :D

I've been to quite a few European countries and nowhere was it as bad as over here when it comes to livecoverage. Now I can somehow understand how we don't get Italian and Spanish football live without paying for it, but then at least give us 3 live Dutch games a week!

Here in Rotterdam I don't even get Eurosport, if you've ever been to England for instance, you'll know that they show football even at subwaystations. So IMO it's a very sad situation currently.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Subway?? you mean when you're standing in front of the local dixons or rumbelows or argos? :pp

In England it's worse :eek: You need a sky subscription to have any sort of football coverage bar the highlights of the premiership. Even CL is not shown on terrestrial television in England now ! and at least in Holland you get to see the NT on free TV. In England the away games are still with sky or sometimes on channel 5 which is an embarrasment (while the home games are on the BBC, thankfully ).
Sky btw is better than Canal plus btw since on sky you actually get dozens of decent channels while canal plus is a load of poo for the same price as sky :groan:

About de Mol and RTL, I'm not disappointed about it. As long as this new channel doesn't collapse within 2 months, it can only be good for the clubs and we'll perhaps see less Mtiligas.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Two positive results of this outcome:

1. We get a Friday live game. I, as a football junkie, could not care less if it's a crap team like De Graafschap, NEC, RBC or Feyenoord, as long as I get to see this game. This Friday live game is more than we get this year, because now we get no live league game for free.

2. Big loser besides the NOS is Canal+, which is nice, because I can't stand them.

Other than that I am not happy with the NOS losing the rights. You know what to expect from the NOS and they have covered football in a solid way over the years. We can only hope for something good next year.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
:D

No, actually according to one of my classmates who was in London during the last 'herfstvakantie' you could see matches at regular subwaystations. Also another Serbian forummember here from England gets all the matches and can even choose his CL match of preference, now I admit, I've never bothered to ask him if his folks pay anything, but I just assumed it was that way. Anyway thanks for the info!

But from own experience Scandinavia has the best livecoverage, they show all the top leagues, all weekend long, even Dutch football gets a chance. And Serbia is no different.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Drulo said:
:D

No, actually according to one of my classmates who was in London during the last 'herfstvakantie' you could see matches at regular subwaystations. Also another Serbian forummember here from England gets all the matches and can even choose his CL match of preference, now I admit, I've never bothered to ask him if his folks pay anything, but I just assumed it was that way. Anyway thanks for the info!
yeah thats skydigital or you can also get itvdigital which is like that. It actually isn't so expensive if you look at what you get. Apart from football (it also has Bundesliga and La Liga (Real Madrid mostly cos of Becks course :groan: ) you'd get top rugby coverage :cool:, cricket (which I like, I know everyone who hasn't lived in the British empire hates it :D), all tennis tournaments, athletics (for Kluivert) ,horse racing (don't like it but hey some do) and best of all, all boxing matches you can ask for :shades: :thmbup: Much better package than here and I'm sure any sportsjunky like us would take it in a flash, would we live there.

As for Studio Sport, like I said before, I hope they turn it to Studio KO. Dutch people don't know what they're missing by not following boxing. Frank Bruno, Naseem Hamed, Nigel Benn, Eubank and many more...so many legends I'm really grateful for knowing having lived in England.
I guess we'll see more Klein Zwitserland vs HGC or korfbal with the topper between PKC and whatever instead :eek:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Germans are showing some liveboxing already I saw recently and if you don't have any quality boxers yourself it's a lot less already to watch it and therefor broadcast it.

Skating and hockey are our sports and especially the first is still getting an high amount of viewers, so those things will surely stand.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
They could try getting NBA highlights, now I know most Dutchies don't appreciate the great art that is called basketball but like it's handicapped cousin (korfbal) instead. However younger generations are really getting into NBA, especially here in Rotterdam and I'm sure it'd be more of a hit than korfbal or handbal.

But I agree, boxing would be cool as well.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
chivu said:
The Germans are showing some liveboxing already I saw recently and if you don't have any quality boxers yourself it's a lot less already to watch it and therefor broadcast it.
yeah I seen. Also luckily Klitschkos promoters based in Hamburg so we can see him for free too! :cool:
but a thing about German fighters, like their football team, they're also boring :howler: German fighers always manage to win just on points and are always John Ruizing the whole time. (those supermiddleweights :wallbang: ). It's a miracle that they get good figures with such boring fighters.

Volleyball will increase I think too on the NOS now and that unlike skating and hockey (just my opinion) is fun to watch and should see the sport increase it's publicity :thmbup:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Not to mention the fact that some of the best German fighters are not ethnic germans, at least that seems to have become the trend.

Volleyball is a great sport to play as well as to watch, but the Dutch league is just so 'dood'. The halls are filled with like 30 people and it really gives off a highschool type of competition vibe. NT's on the other hand always make for a spectacular show.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Drulo said:
They could try getting NBA highlights, now I know most Dutchies don't appreciate the great art that is called basketball but like it's handicapped cousin (korfbal) instead. However younger generations are really getting into NBA, especially here in Rotterdam and I'm sure it'd be more of a hit than korfbal or handbal.
Korfbal? :scream: :yuck: I would love to see the NBA :cap:

Athletics should be great :excited: The Golden League games guarantee a spectacle :party:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Ah yes you have a sport magazine as Studio Sport which is even better than Match of the Day, and what do you do? You kill it of in favour of commercial television. Of course what else? :rolleyes:

Anyway this also mean we in Belgium are crewed, no Dutch football anymore :fero:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Don't exagerrate Geert. ;) SS is class, but MOTD rules everything. :cool:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Maybe, if you, at times, can make PL football look interesting, you're good :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts