Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that Flamengo does not want to pay Sporting the transfer money for Leandro....oddly enough Benfica is also very good at not paying transferse (though they do go one step further and not pay players wages) so my question is...did Flamengo go to Benfica's school of ridiculous Business policy?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Again - I'm amazed that people have an obsession about coming into the Benfica forum to attack the club. Are the Sporting or Porto forums full of posts from Benfiquistas coming in to laugh at the disarray of the Sporting front office or Jardel's defection to Turkey? I say "no".

But if it makes people feel better to attack 30 championship titles and two European Cups - knock yourselves out.

Benfica e o glorioso para sempre!

G

·
No one is attacking anyone. All we are doing is stating the truth. Not rumours, allegations or lies but simply the truth. I little hard to swallow, isn't it Razor?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I don't think that's what Razor is protesting.

But, the attempt to flame the greatest club and failing so miserably.

Even, you Portistas, can do better than that. C'mon, season is almost here and unless you guys get better, the likes of Razor and Redeagle are bound to get rusty.

Don't discourage, though. Keep trying, it's still preseason.

G

·
Well, if beating a dead horse is the best they can do, then i think we're still in pretty good shape here. Instead of worrying about how Benfica handles it's finances, you should
worry about our visit to das Antas at the begining of the season.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Are we really going to start this again?

Ola -

I don't have the desire to write out some long drawn-out tome justifying my positions on Benfica or its poor excuse for a president. If you're interested in taking a look at my posts over the past year (I would imagine you have far better things to do) or if you'd like to take the word of anyone here including Portistas and Sportinguistas; you'll find that I'm no fan of JVA or his tactics. He/it's an embarassment to the club, pure and simple. But as I've always said- I support the club, not JVA.

Pila and Lumac understand my point - I don't really care if people want to complain about Benfica or JVA. I was just curious, that's all.

Benfica will rock on August 20th!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Don't worry, you should get over this presidents' crisis. The problem is that big clubs like Benfica, attract all kinds of bugs.

What you really need is a Pinto da Costa... no offense to anyone - I know how sensible you guys can get with these comparisons.

Sporting is starting to find its way, it's time for the Portuguese football to have quality boards that strenghthen our football's quality.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually I wasn't trying to flame anyone...I was just being a pest....frankly I was just quoting an email a friend of mine sent to me...he happens to be a BENFICA FAN....by on the 20th:

FC Porto 3
Benficaca 1

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'm reserving my prediction until the week before the game - I don't think anyone has a really solid idea of how their teams will do at this point of pre-season. The Sporting team that lost to Setubal yesterday is NOT the same squad that will be starting the regular season, so I'm not going to predict how they'll do based on that. I'm also not terrified by Porto walking over a IIB team from Brasil, but I'm sure they'll be tough as always when Capucho & Deco are back on a regular basis. As far as my club: I'm anxious to see how Meira and Van Halen fit into Heynckes' squad and see how he uses them before I start printing up championship t-shirts for Benfica.

There will be plenty of build-up in a few weeks before the big game, and I look forward to hearing everyone's predictions at that time :).

Forca Benfica!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I'm really anxious to see Van Doink play. But, I was REALLY looking forward to see him play along side Nuno Gomes.

Admittedly, I'm a monday morning QB, I don't care about team finances or organizational strategies that take place behind the scenes. I'm all but an amateurish fan, with just enough smarts to care only about results and my own, albeit biased, preferences of team direction (whether it makes sense or not, is not a concern in my mind) and think that letting Nuno Gomes go was a let down to the player and fans, alike.

Further, I admit that I perceive every game Benfica loses because of obvious poor officiating. Every missed scoring opportunity as unlucky. Every score against Benfica as luck for the opponent. Every opposing fan, ignorant. And, anyone who disagrees with me, certainly...stupid.

And finally...

Anything I lack, I make up in denial.

Thanks, for tuning in.

Now! A message to Portistas ONLY (Benfica fans, do not read below this message)!

Yo! Portistas!

PS. YOU SUCK! :D

[Edited by Pila on 26-07-2000 at 17:42]

·
International
5,629 Posts
I just like to add that in my opinion JVA is a genius. And that he will take us to the promise land.

I also like to add that contrary to some sentiments here I think that Mr. Galo da Costa is not worthy of remotely running a team as complex and as great as Benfica.

Viva o Benfica!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts