Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Mihalis Kapsis (Gré) - Girondins de Bordeaux

Votes: 5 62.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vote for the 4 best defenders before christmas in France Ligue 1.

REMEMBER to place 4 votes so I can build an all star team after the polls ;)

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Nice one jacques ! :shades:

Could you add Kapsis (Greece) and Abidal too ? I think they can be in my choice too, but i have not decided yet...

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
I voted for Cris because since Edmilson went, I thought that Lyon could be weak without him but they signed a good defence Cris, and right now he's very talented, one of the best in his position and sometimes in Champions Leagu he also scored goals. Next is Givet, he's making good increasing, he helps a lot Monaco in champions league, he's a good captain, he's motivated, and when he's good Monaco is very good. I vote for Tavlaridis because he is one of the worker of Lille good beginning. He's famous during Euro, and he's making good work on defence. (I can't vote for Kapssis of Bordeaux he isn't available). The last is Maicon, he's not a true defence he's more an midfield, but he has skills, and just for that I voted for him. When he'll do his job and defence and go up in attack he'll be the best right side defence in France

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Maicon - As Mateo said, Deschamps thinks that he sometimes does not do his defensive work enough, tough he is a great offensive rightback.

Kapsis - Sometimes players just after an Euro or a world cup got a difficult season. But Kapsis got a new team this year in a new league and integrate himself well in it. Bordeaux is imo one of the best defense of the championship, just behind Lyon maybe.

Bolf - Many people, and me too, were thinking about Auxerre when we saw all the departure this summer : "Well, without Cisse Boumsong and Mexes, they will be weaker." Auxerre is third at the half-season. And Rene Bolf is one of the reason of that for me.

Abidal - Maybe not that far from the NT.

3 foreigner in my team. My french defense would be Reveillere - Squillaci - Planus - Abidal (pretty young)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys I will ad Kapsis directly! Im amazed about how I could have forgotten Abidal, he is pure class :star:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It's even more amazing how you could forget Kapsis... In my opinion he is the best central defender in France at the moment. ;) My other choices were Abidal, Reveillere and Givet.

Is Tavlaridis really doing well? I've seen him play only twice for Lille and he looked good, but I never rated him...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My own choise was: Cris - best defender in France at the moment. Givet, Réveillère and my old favourite Déhu ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Kapsis-Best defender in France pure and simple
Abidal-Second best you defender in rance
Evra-The best wing back in France hwo still has the instincts of a forwrd
Cris-The heart of the number one team's defense

1 - 11 of 11 Posts