Stade Rennais 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole 1
FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 2 - AC Arles-Avignon 1
Toulouse FC 2 - Stade Brestois 0

Sunday 08/08/2010

Montpellier HSC - Girondins de Bordeaux

·
Registered
159 Posts
We won .. It should've been easier than it was but the most important was to win .

Our defence still looks very passive though which isn't good .

It's good to have the domestic season again , especially after the NT fiasco .

Marseille looked terrible and lost . Great night :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Loved Payet goal, Sessegnon one too, even we could say it is more Janot who is unluncky. Rennes did a draw which is not that bad considering Lille did not change much its squad this season.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
The problems between Deschamps and want-away players (Taiwo, Ben Arfa, Niang) showed on the pitch yesterday.

Doesn't look good and I'd bet on another year of not qualifying for knockout stage in UCL. :rollani:

·
Registered
159 Posts
The problems between Deschamps and want-away players (Taiwo, Ben Arfa, Niang) showed on the pitch yesterday.

Doesn't look good and I'd bet on another year of not qualifying for knockout stage in UCL. :rollani:
Niang's attitude has been pathetic towards Marseille and it's supporters , he's the captain but acting like a spoilt brat . It's sad he doesn't realise he's playing for an historic club , I say that as a Parisien .. Marseille needs to sell his ass .

I noticed at the end of the game M'Bia and Taiwo stayed on the pitch discussing something . I think something is not right in the atmosphere of Marseille .

·
Registered
159 Posts
Goals from our game with Sainté

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yWM6oGp2da4&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yWM6oGp2da4&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Niang's attitude has been pathetic towards Marseille and it's supporters , he's the captain but acting like a spoilt brat . It's sad he doesn't realise he's playing for an historic club , I say that as a Parisien .. Marseille needs to sell his ass .

I noticed at the end of the game M'Bia and Taiwo stayed on the pitch discussing something . I think something is not right in the atmosphere of Marseille .
Yes it's quite clear. I also noticed M'Bia was unhappy after their second goal.

I'd sell Niang if he's carrying on but there better be a replacement lined up. What a mess!

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Loved Payet goal, Sessegnon one too, even we could say it is more Janot who is unluncky. Rennes did a draw which is not that bad considering Lille did not change much its squad this season.
Thank you, I loved Payet goal too, very well done I think :)
Sessegnon goal was awesome but so lucky... it just confirms that Sainté is cursed forever... :undecide:

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think their squad has changed much from the previous season, so their are a collective team and they can counter attack quickly but seriously if they beat Zenit this is pretty much a big surprise for me.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Auxerre could be dangerous if Zenit underestimate them but I doubt Spalletti will let that happen and anything but Zenit progressing here would be a major surprise.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
I think it will be a very open Championnat and I can't think of one team at the moment who I'm willing to stick my neck out for.

OM - dressing room seems a shambles, unhappy players.
Bordeaux - Blanc gone, already lost first game.
OL - also off to a unimpressive start.
Lille & Rennes - capable of great results but very inconsistent.
PSG - most impressive team in round 1 but jury still remains on them.

Auxerre, Toulouse & Monaco - no consistency, Auxerre will suffer hangover like TFC did last season. Monaco too young, Toulouse lack depth.
Montpellier & Lorient - struggle to match last season.
St.Etienne - will be one of most improved teams this season.
Valenciennes, Nancy, Lens, Nice & Sochaux - lower-mid table.
Caen, Brest & Arles - any will do well to survive.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
It doesn't look like any team can win it looking at that summary :tongue:

I'll go for Lyon to get back to winning titles.

Been said so many times before but PSG are due a good season too.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts