Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs

Venue: Teddy Stadium, Jerusalem

Kickoff: Sunday 19/03/2006, 20.50 Israeli time
Referee: TBA
TV: Live on Channel 10

For the extremely optimistic fan out there this would be a true last-chance match in the title race. A loss for Haifa here could see their lead over Hapoel Tel Aviv reduced to 8 points. Maccabi Haifa are coming off a bad series of results, whether it's a crisis or just coincidence is still hard to tell. But the end-of-season atmopshere that can be seen with the contract talks around Zandberg and Davidovich's unclear future as well as Tal's probable move to Bolton certainly doesn't help.

Beitar is a yoyo-team, a convincing performance/result is usually followed by a similar one, but from the wrong side. And this season at Teddy Beitar have been usually getting the wrong kind of results. Fernandez gives Haifa a lot of respect and declares that Beitar isn't at Maccabi Haifa's level. But he also didn't forget the nice debut they gave him for his first match in charge with that 3:0 defeat. Fernandez has become a much more sensible person since and realised his awful mistakes with picking the team, hopefully no N'sumbo in defense this time...

Fernandez said on an interview a while ago, that if a 3:0 scoreline repeats at Teddy he will retire from football. Well now would be a good time to put this saying in a reality test...

Code:
___Korenfine

Haliva__Ben Yosef__Mitreski___Ziv

Leroy___N'sumbo___Alberman___Fernandes

_______Asulin_____Aganzo

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I read that the tickets for this game are being sold like they are free! think we'll see a great game, hopefully the 3-0 toto result gave Haifa some confidence, and if Beitar can play like they did against Sachnin then I think we're up for a very big game! Really looking foward to this one and it'll be hard to predict it.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Should be a really great match...
having played both Hapoel tel aviv last round and now Beitar this round, i think it will be exciting..

Beitar can finally try and knock a win from Haifa which is rare. If they do, it will be great. Get something going and hopefully close out on the lead :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like we can expect a full house on Sunday. Great atmosphere, and needless to say huge motivation for both sides to play their socks off.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Looks like we can expect a full house on Sunday. Great atmosphere, and needless to say huge motivation for both sides to play their socks off.

This is surely the revenge of a lifetime for Beitar and the officall kick start of the REAL imperia.

I hope we will succeed..
best luck to both sides

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
i'll be honest. Haifa will take the championship, but this game has meaning. Both teams can play some great football, we all know that both have the potential to play a full 90 minutes of pure interest for the viewer. I can surely say that if Beitar wins because they play strong, interesting football then I'll be happy. Because i think this game isn't just about the teams, its about a change in Israeli football in general, and I hope both teams can make us proud of our league and produce a European level game with lots of motion and constant flow in a matter of 90 minutes

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to say I am very excited about this match, only 4 hours left and I just can't wait. I hope our foreigners step in and play well at Teddy for once!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4-5-1
__Korenfine

Haliva__Ben Yosef__Mitreski__Amsalem

Leroy___N'sumbo___Ziv___Fernandes

______Melikson________________

____________Aganzo___________

Afek has made a progress and is now a bench-warmer, :D.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can write a lot about different events in the first half, but why bother when you can use one word to describe it all:

YAWN!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
:mad: come on...65th minute..
Beitar score!!!!!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooal!

Asuilin!!
Beitar Imperiaaaa

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
69th minute - Asuilin scores for Beitar :D
1-0! This is very emotional :D

ASUILIN IS THE BEST!!!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
yalla Haifa....just tie it up! some respect....but the game sounds disappointing so even if beitar wins i won't say its well deserved, neither would it be deserved for Haifa if they won. I really expected this game to be on a much higher level!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talk about violent match. :eek:

Anyway this result is unlikely to make a difference in the champion's identity, but if anyone wishes to believe Beitar is 10 points from Haifa with 8 matches left....

The most important thing is that Beitar showed they are capable of pulling this good performance even in the 'money time'. Both sides were fully motivated for this one and even if it wasn't about the league title you can't say Haifa didn't want to win, just look how Levi went mad everytime the refs made calls he didn't like.

I thought Fernandez did well for once, everyone were talking about us losing the midfield battle but we completely bossed them in that area today. :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seeing as you're a Haifa fan I'd advice you to talk about the referee Shai Shitrit all the time, and blame the loss on him :D

He seriously sucked, I won't say that I disagree with Maccabi Haifa fans and players on this one. He let the game become brutal and should've handed out a few more yellow/reds/possible penalty for Haifa.

But anyway, overall Beitar was much, much better and deserved to win. Aganzo had a huge chance to double the score, so did Asulin. But the post and Davidovich kept the score at a low 1:0.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
my general question is if this was an interesting game? was it flowing and did it have good attacks or was it just boring?

Davidovitch acutally did a good job?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts