Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The IFA decided that 16 teams will be in the Ligat Ha'al next season. That means that the first 5 teams in Ligat Leumit will promote to Ligat Ha'al while the last team of Ligat Ha'al will relegate to Ligat Leumit. Avi Luzon: We want a league from the North to Beer Sheva. (24 votes for, and 4 against the proposal.)

Good decision IMO :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
It is intresting indeed. Now more than ever the Leumit will have a lot of emotions. But is this confirmed for this season, or only to next?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
from North to Beer Sheva... So again no Bnei Eilat? :moan:

But I would like to see a 16 teams league. In my native country Belgium there's talks about reducing the number of teams, which I am very much against because it turns the league into an elitist happening while it always worked fine with 18 teams. It is good to see other countries make the opposite tendency of expanding their leagues. The only thing I fear is that, given the current ongoing events in the second division, it will be mainly an expansion of the league involving teams from cities already present in the Ligat Ha'al: Ramat Gan, Haifa, Beer Sheva.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is intresting indeed. Now more than ever the Leumit will have a lot of emotions. But is this confirmed for this season, or only to next?
This season, we will have 12 teams. But 2009/2010 we will begin with 16 teams.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I like it.
Not because of an expansion, but also because it makes the Israeli leauge more entertaining.

I understand why some people voted against it - mainly because European competition in some cases may interfere with it.

None the less, this is a chance for a few great teams to come back...mainly it will be IMO Hapoel Kfar Saba, Maccabi Herzelia, Hapoel Ramat Gan, HAPOEL HAIFA!!!!!!! and possibly Hapoel Jerusalem will pull it off.....

But the question is.... some of these teams would get into Liga A'hal..congrats...but do they have what it takes to compete or are we just going to say that the top 4-5 clubs in Israel will easily win them not only by points but by a good score margin in order to get Goal Differentiation..... and also and easy 15 points..which means UEFA or 1st place.....
If thats whats Luzon's intention is..then........

What about Liga Leumit? Would it promote as well or stay the same? :?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
niceeeeeee, very good decition, my dream liga Ha'al for 2009

Beitar Jerusalem FC
Bnei Eilat
Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
Hapoel Akko
Hapoel Ashkelon
Hapoel Beer Sheva
Hapoel Haifa
Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona
Hapoel Jerusalem FC
Hapoel Natzrat Illit
Hapoel Petah Tikva FC + Maccabi Petah Tikva FC = Petach Tikva FC (long dream of mine :))
Hapoel Tel Aviv FC
Maccabi Haifa FC
Maccabi Netanya FC
Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
MS Ashdod

look at all the Hapoel's, look of left wings, does have any of u ever thinked of changing some clubs names? many Hapoel's-Maccabi's, they should start using more their imagination....

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Man! Whats with you and Bnei Eilat.
Bnei Eilat is in Liga Beit.

I would rather have Beitar Beer Sheva or Beitar Nes Toubrok in the leauge than Bnei Eilat, which hardly has a field, or any money and also would be impossible to get to as teams would need to leave for Eilat on Friday and be there for a day to play soccer. Its a Nuisance.....

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
But Eilar is such a nice town. It is an ideal weekend trip for the fans of visiting fans, or -in a more distant future- for fans from their European opponents ;) No stadium? So what, they're building stadiums all over Israel so surely Eilat can have one as well. We need Bnei Eilat in the top division, even more so, we need them in the UEFA Cup!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts