1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final Score:

Valencia: 0
Osasuna: 1 (Pellegrino, og, 45')

Pellegrino scored an unfortunate goal (tackle) during the added time of the first half.
The first half was very... boring! Nothing happened at all. Both keepers barely touched the ball, both teams were uninspired, especially Valencia since Osasuna was happy to just defend. The second half saw a more motivated Valencia, and an even more defensive Osasuna. They put a lot of pressure on Osasuna, and should have scored on a couple of occasions (one of them hit the post). In any case, it was too little too late. Heck, Osasuna almost scored a second at the end of the game.
Valencia seemed to have missed Baraja in the middle, especially in the first half.
BTW, Carboni was sent off at the end (kind of stepped on, or grazed a player's head, but it wasn't intentional in my opinion). Also, Aimar was subbed and seemed really pissed. But I'm not sure if it was against Benitez or because of his very average performance.
Anyway, a game to forget. Quickly.

Ziad

·
Registered
76 Posts
valencia must wake up fast.... this match and against real they look very bad. benitez was right to take aimar from match today becuse he played horible.

carboni was stupid to try and step on ivan rosado, he did it on purpose i think

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I missed the game and form what I've read, thank god I did! :mad:

looks like we are in a small slump at the moment and we desperately need a result against Real Madrid to boost morale atleast! We gave away the lead and I just hope that this game and the one against Racing don't end up haunting us..

AMUNT VALENCIA!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
valencia must wake up fast.... this match and against real they look very bad.
Perhaps we didn't watch the same game, but Valencia didn't play bad at all against RM
carboni was stupid to try and step on ivan rosado, he did it on purpose i think
From the replays I saw, it didn't seem to be on purpose. Plus, with his experience, and even though Carboni is not a softy, he certainly isn't stupid enough to do it on purpose!

Ziad

·
Registered
396 Posts
Canizares was super fast and super saved a freekick from Punal to prevent a second conceded goal.
We had a couple of chances but couldn't convert and lucked out on the ball that hit the post.
Hope Aimar was pissed at himself. He was below his standard.
And Aurielo was watching in the stand with Baraja, so I reckon he's back from Brazil.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Ziad said:
Perhaps we didn't watch the same game, but Valencia didn't play bad at all against RM
Are you talking about the King's Cup? They played well until the Raul goal, after that they played as bad as against Valladolid.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you talking about the King's Cup? They played well until the Raul goal, after that they played as bad as against Valladolid.
I wouldn't go that far. They had a very average second half, but they were good in the first. True, they had a let down after Raul's goal, but I believe they recovered and could have even scored after it.
Yesterday's game was just a mess.

Ziad

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Maybe

I think that in the last three games, Valencia has been very different than the Valencia of the 1st half. Their passing and possession is not there and they don't seem to recover as many balls as they ussually do.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I have nothing against Aimar, but that was pretty childish what he did. I don't care how good he is, he wasn't playing like superman yesterday, he had 1 free kick that was nice but that's about it.

He should link up with Vicente more, every time they pass the ball it looks like they are playing on the school grounds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
everybody's got such childish moment... no big deal actually

why make a mess out of nothing? aimar's just a bit pissed off, that's all

·
Registered
561 Posts
It is frustrating, I know. We all have days where nothing goes right on the pitch. When that happens to me, I get annoyed. Not so much at anyone else, rather at myself for having let everyone down.

Still, it is worrying when the whole team seems to be having a nightmare...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Was very late to add a comment but anyway I watched them live on t.v and I have to say, Valencia was terrible. We sorely missed Baraja and J.Lopez have again failed to perform in consecutive matches. Aimar was a shadow of his own but Mista was in fact very hardworking and shown some good winning mentality. Canizares was excellent and the own goal was the most unfortunate incident. Overall, we didn't deserved to win and Osasuna did play their cards well.

Sigh, another slump goes on

:sob: :depress:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts