Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Salvio, Aírton and Kardec didn't travel to Guimarães. Fábio Coentrão and Rúben Amorim in doubt for tonight's game.

Squad: Roberto, Moreira, Fábio Coentrão, Sidnei, David Luiz, Luisão, Maxi Pereira, Luís Filipe, César Peixoto, Javi Garcia, Carlos Martins, Ruben Amorim, Aimar, Gaitán, Jara, Weldon, Saviola, Cardozo and Nuno Gomes.

Possible lineup

Roberto
Maxi - Luisão - D. Luiz - F. Coentrão
Javi García
C. Martins - Aimar - Gaitán
Saviola - Cardozo

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Benfica's bus was attacked just now, as it was leaving Porto. Record describes that a rain of rocks hit the bus and the police responded by firing rubber bullets.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
:howler:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HT: 1-1

Only started watching after their goal. We should have been winning the game if it were not for a very bad offside call on Saviola. Carlos Martins has also been unjustly penalised on two occasions and I hope he's able to take another blow without being sent off. It looks like one of those nights.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
1-1 at HT.

Edgar and Saviola with the goals.

Excellent first 20 minutes from Guimaraes, then Benfica responded and took control. Very open game, lots of attacking from both sides.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
HT: 1-1

Only started watching after their goal. We should have been winning the game if it were not for a very bad offside call on Saviola. Carlos Martins has also been unjustly penalised on two occasions and I hope he's able to take another blow without being sent off. It looks like one of those nights.
Guimarães was the better side until their keeper decided to show some solidarity towards his Spanish compañero and pulled out a proper "pollo". Benfica was better after the equaliser and it is true that that offside on Saviola was a bad call but both fouls by Martins existed even if the yellow on the second was a bit harsh.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Goal for Vitoria Guimares by Rui Miguel in the 83rd minute.

2-1 for VSC. Injury time now.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Final:

Vitoria Guimaraes - 2 (Edgar 17', Rui Miguel 83')

Benfica - 1 (Saviola 32')

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Disgusting refereeing. Having said that, we were pretty poor and this Benfica is in desperate need of a Ramires, which is obvious to everyone except the board.

Now Happoel. (sp?)

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
What's so terrible about Moreira?

Now points against the competitors is a must.

That ref needs to be flogged.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
"Chegou a hora de dizermos qualquer coisa! Houve quatro lances com influência no resultado que foram mal ajuizados: dois foras-de-jogo com o Cardozo e o Saviola isolados e dois penálties claríssimos", declarou, visivelmente agastado.

Rui Costa desafiou os jornalistas a estudarem as jogadas em questão: "São situações evidentes, ainda para mais num jogo com esta importância, analisem estes quatro lances", pediu, frisando: "Chegou a hora do Benfica se manifestar sobre isto! À quarta jornada já perdemos 9 pontos; assumimos as nossas falhas dentro do campo, mas agora cabe a cada um de vocês analisar o que se passou aqui hoje."

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Olarápio-Benfica 2-1

:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

We were robbed...Fc Porto Mafia continues......

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I was working, so I didn't catch most the game. From what I saw in the 2nd half, the offense still looks off-balance.

In conclusion, why Peixoto?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I was working, so I didn't catch most the game. From what I saw in the 2nd half, the offense still looks off-balance.

In conclusion, why Peixoto?
Not even barcelona today would beat Guimaraes with olarapio there..........:rollani::stoned:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts