Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
Probably Keseru was the last one I can think of, probably had two in a row in Bulgarian league but also as an older guy and striker.

He also scored 6 goals in a game in 2014, remember? Heh

But 8 goals and 3 assists in 6 games, wow. I really hope Gigi finally negotiates an offer for him before the window closes, he needs to leave!!

·
Registered
16,734 Posts
Dennis in Super Man mode

On the other hand, very baf news about Coman. Reports say he might miss a month and therefore the NT games

Craiova won yesterday and is leader. Cicaldau scored a beatiful free kick and Mihaila gave an assist for the first one

Today, Onea and Ursu scored fantastic goals (Onea was recommended to the U21 by Pancu)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
That means we need to call Mihaila vs Iceland ... who else would we put at LW but Mitrita or Coman? I don’t like the other options more than Mihaila..

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
Lots of beautiful goals so far this weekend. Ursu's takes the top spot so far.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
Who would take Mitrita and Coman’s spot against Iceland though? :/ Maxim, or maybe even Bancu?

·
Registered
70,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Maybe he plays without wingers against Iceland. It wouldn't be the first time. Maxim can play on that zone.
I'm not a super fan of him, but Florin Tanase was in good form before he got the virus.

·
Registered
16,734 Posts
I would leave Mihaila with the U21. We don't know if he can help the seniors, but we know the U21 needs him. If they qualify, he can be called on the next action

Maxim could play on the left. Ianis too if needed.
Man could play on the right. And if we don't use wingers, a similar line up to the one against NIR can do without Coman

Of course, it's important to have most of the players available. If the rest are available, there are many possible options

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
Idk guys, i would rather keep him in U21s for now too where he is much needed and not jump right into a crucial senior game.. but at the same time our options are limited and think Mihaila could already make more impact than wingers like Deac...

Maybe I’m just panicking , didn’t think we’d have to go without our two top LWs for this big match.. I guess as you say, Maxim could play there even if it’s not his main position. Ianis maybe but not excited at that idea.

Good point about the formation, totally forgot about that. Maybe that’s what he will do vs Iceland then, may help to keep the ball and control midfield more easily too.

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
I want to see Man in the other games at least

·
Registered
70,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
About Morutan, do you think we can make him a central midfielder? If he understands that role, he can do very well there. He's playing in that position lately.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
whats with all of these 10s / attacking playmakers turning into CMs/deep lying playmakers? we have overload of CMs for the future. I'd rather have a good 10 for the future, even if some say it is a 'dying' role, I don't think it just disappears from the international stage at least. would be useful to have more than just Ianis there in the future

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,335 Posts
Yeah, damn. So who should generate most of the attacks in non 10 formations. only midfielders from deep, or box to box midfielders ? Or wingers that just cross , wingers that are ac tally inside forwards and cut in? Or in a two striker formation, a deeper lying forward that holds the ball up for quick one twos or a chip into the box or what not? I still think the 4-2-3-1 formation isn’t going away, even if isnt as common at club level anymore , in the top leagues anyway. Is it that teams don’t really want to build around a player like that anymore ?

But on the other hand, I see what you mean too. Players nowadays have to more flexible / versatile to really make it , and the CM will be ever present in any formation or philosophy. Whether it’s DLP, box to box, roaming playmaker, or even AP which I guess would serve a similar purpose to a 10 from deeper.

Reactions: The Rumaniac

·
Registered
16,734 Posts
Regarding Morutan, I'd want him to score more. He has incredible technique and dribbling, but he needs to be more effective. That would.be wasted as CM. But it's good if he has versatility

Thinking about it, it seems that when a player takes a more defensive role, he "forgets" his attacking qualities. Stanciu used to score and dribble much more before, now he seems adapted to a passing role and the occasional shot from outside the box

·
Registered
70,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Maybe he'll never be effective at scoring. He isn't especially quick to be a winger either, even if he can play there. But he has vision, passing and good technique. If he adds a hard-work element to his game, he can become an interesting playmaker.

·
Registered
25,500 Posts
Now this is more like Viitorul, even if it comes at the expense of a team in free-fall.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts