Xtratime Community banner

261 - 280 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
69,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Bulgarian Chorbazydsky from FCSB said that Romanian referees call much more fouls and give more cards and penalties than in Bulgaria. It confims my impression. IDK why, but it is terrible because players get used to expect easy penalties and fouls, and therefore dive
Yeah, and this about the minutes of actual game depends a lot of the refs.

Viitorul won 3-0 vs Chindia. Boboc scored a good goal, he's in great form. Louis Munteanu scored his first in the last minute.

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Divide each match into three 30 minute periods, stop the clock for any FKs, CKs, etc and add that to stoppage time
That's too long. A football game has on average a little bit less than 60 minutes of active gameplay time nowadays, therefore 2 halves of 30 minutes is perfect. I don't understand why we don't have this in football to kill all the annoying time wasting and acting in football...

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,989 Posts
That's too long. A football game has on average a little bit less than 60 minutes of active gameplay time nowadays, therefore 2 halves of 30 minutes is perfect. I don't understand why we don't have this in football to kill all the annoying time wasting and acting in football...

I was mostly kidding, but yeah, that’s true

·
Registered
69,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
While FCSB was yesterday a festival of missing chances, Budescu just scored from a corner kick for Astra.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,989 Posts
I don’t know about Alibec, but at least Budescu has to be called to the NT. A pity it’s in a hotly contested position with Hagi and Stanciu, but if we could find a way to make it work.. he’d be great off the bench at least

·
Registered
69,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
2nd goal of Budescu just shows what a talent he is. Typical chubby and carefree guy with the capacity to do unreal things.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,989 Posts
Man...

Sanmartean, Budescu, Cernat, Lutu, Mitea, Alibec, the list goes on.. and their situations in spite of clearly elite talent describes our football of the last 20+ years. Even in the 70s, 80s, and 90s our players were perennial underperformers though our clubs and NT had much better results in general.

Hopefully this coming generation will see more Budescu Mitea Mutu and Sanmartean types with better character, mindset, and much better physical level — proper professional athletes are needed to succeed in today’s game

·
Registered
69,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Craiova: Pigliacelli - Ș. Vlădoiu, Acka, Ferreira, Bancu - Ivanov, Cicâldău, Cosic - Bărbuț, A. Ivan, Mihăilă
Rezerve: I. Popescu, Martic, Vătăjelu, Qaka, Zakaric, Al. Ioniță, Nițu

Dinamo: Piscitelli - Ciobotariu, Puljic, M. Popescu, Moura - Mrzljak, I. Filip - Brito, Nistor, Moldoveanu - Perovic
Rezerve: Straton, R. Grigore, Bejan, Corbu, Răuță, Montini, D. Popa

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,989 Posts
Ivan with a dubla; the first he won the ball after a Dinamo mistake and slotted it in the corner past a rushing Piscitelli, the second a chip over the keeper from distance.

Barbut maybe not quite NT material but he had a nice run and good cross to Ivanov for the first goal, I’d still take him over Deac or Chipciu.

Mihaila scored a crazy goal taking the ball from the wing laterally and just spanking it outside the box next to the post. His speed and technique are key. Great form lately, but still has to be in the U21 setup for now, if he keeps going like this I could see him step up to the seniors sooner than later as Coman and Man lately (not as much as he should have due to injuries).

Nistor scored Dinamo’s goal with a nice diagonal in a tight angle.

I think Contra should call Budescu, Alibec, Ivan, Bancu, Cicaldau, Nistor at the very least from the group that played today.

Mihaila, Ciobotariu, Moldoveanu in U21s

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
What a couple of goals by Budescu. He definately needs to be on the next list. It would be great to see him with Alibec. That never happened and these 2 know themselves by heart. The NT needs players that know each other and know how to play together. Maybe Alibec still needs some time but Budescu has to be called. We have 2 games in 4 days and we'll need fresh players. Ianis is not on his best form, which makes Budescu even more important
Having these talented players like him and Nistor can be ideal while the young ones like Coman, Ianis and Man become mature enough to perform at NT level

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I don't see Alibec or Ivan in the next list.

Great goal by Mihaila.
It's good that Ivan started to score. I read Piturca wants him as striker and convinced him he can grow a lot there. Good news

Whilr Mihaila said that he is learning from Mitrita and Piturca. For example, how to regulate his pace to surprise defenders. That's also great, but at the same time it males you think about the poor youth programs. He should have learned how to use his qualities by now. But Piturca trusts him a lot, that's good

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,989 Posts
It's good that Ivan started to score. I read Piturca wants him as striker and convinced him he can grow a lot there. Good news

Whilr Mihaila said that he is learning from Mitrita and Piturca. For example, how to regulate his pace to surprise defenders. That's also great, but at the same time it males you think about the poor youth programs. He should have learned how to use his qualities by now. But Piturca trusts him a lot, that's good
For all our misgivings about Piturca with his style, his stubbornness, his selections when he was in the NT, and his stupid comments sometimes.. he is actually a good coach, more so for club level imo. As a former striker, he knows what he’s talking about, I’m glad he is working with him closely like that. Ivan will do better with a real identity and purpose, knowing his best role.

He was used on the left wing a lot in the past, and while he had some good moments there (remember his cross assist at the U21 Euros), I definitely think he is better suited to grow as an out and out striker. Hopefully he continues this form and can be another fresh option for us there

Good news about Mihaila, but yeah you’re right. I feel like other similar talents have slipped through the cracks already or are beginning too, I mean what happened to Baicu and Markovic in this team?? They seemed so promising. Baiaram at least is still even younger, but was hoping to see some mention of him at least.

I wonder what it will take for more clubs to at least partially follow Hagi’s lead in youth development and training standards / level. Which clubs would be first to improve it and why/how? We already knew Craiova and Dinamo have some good youth like Viitorul but clearly the programs lacking something more too. Maybe the programs are not rigid enough, not enough investment and focus in key areas. Maybe more psychological staff, elite facilities and individual training.

I don’t know what we can expect or what to do to help these people realize..

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Alibec got the winner for Astra on friday, Budescu gave him a great assist

Coman scored form a very good free kick, FCSB won 2-0 against a tough Botosani

·
Registered
69,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Shit game between Dinamo and CFR. Moldoveanu could score in a good header. 0-0 FT.

·
General Iordanescu
28,225 Posts
Not surprised that a CFR game is shit.

Interesting standings now, really close. The top 5 are definitely the top 5, but little to tell them apart and wildly varying forms. I still think CFR will win it in the end.

And as always we need to figure out who team #6 ('ciuca bãtãilor') will be. Will it be Inconsistent Iasi? Surprising Gazu'? Old powerhouse Dinamo? Or eternal #7 Botosani?

261 - 280 of 345 Posts