Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
v

Domingo / 6-10-2013 / 21:00
Campo: San Mamés Barria
Árbitro: Del Cerro Grande (Madrid)​

Tarquin did the preview already :D.

As an aside I have great respect for Valencia in certain respects.

They have been ridiculously mismanaged and drowned in debt but are still alive,playing in Europe and again challenging for top four/six outcomes.

Given that they have been forced to sell Villa,Silva,Alba,Mata,Soldado et al in the last couple of seasons,I think their survival and consistency is commendable.

They still play good football as well.

They can **** right off this Sunday mind you!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Nothing to add to the preview. ;)

Think the club does not want to call the stadium San Mamés Barria but just San Mamés.

We're winning this one.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:dielaugh: Knoert,Iribar.

I agree San Mames is San Mames and since the current stadium envelopes part of the old one,I see no reason to change any part of the name...agree this will happen.

Sunday is going to be tough.

Valencia have had a tiring trip to Russia but won 2-0 after losing their first Europa League fixture 0-3.

Like us they are very hot and cold but can be a very dangerous opponent if on form.

They will certainly test our defence and single holding player in the middle.

We must score first...(no shit Sherlock I hear you cry!)

Onwards and upwards.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ibai and Artiz (Marca spelling :dielaugh:) are doubtful for Sunday.

Time to unleash De Marcos in the forward role.

I actually like us with three CH's and the wing backs bombing forward,even at home,but without Aduriz as a target for their crosses,and our regular wing backs in situ,this ploy patently won't work.

Tactical headache for EV but a chance to try something a little different that may just surprise our opponents.

I like wide players cutting in,even operating on flanks against their natural foot.We saw Robben rip Man City apart with this tactic,left footed player tacking inside from the right wing.

Mou was really the instigator of this tactic a few years ago and I feel we could profit from it.

Whatever happens,Valencia won't be 100% certain of our tactics with our target man missing...lets hope we aren't and can exploit a few new situations.

We still have a couple of days training to work on some surprises.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think the club does not want to call the stadium San Mamés Barria but just San Mamés.
I agree San Mames is San Mames and since the current stadium envelopes part of the old one,I see no reason to change any part of the name...agree this will happen.
I see, but in my opinion it's a new stadium which is totally different from the old one. Then why the same name? Probably they want to keep the tradition but unfortunately that tradition was gone when the first stone was put in the ground for this new stadium...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Still built on the ground of the old one Knoert...thats still the same to me.

My family apatrment was above bar Enol..number 73....200 yrads from the ground at the end/start of Poza's...I miss the the badge I grew up turning left to see every morning i went to school and every luchtime i ncame home and every evening home again!..you norht euro's never came home for lunch!!....don't want the name of the Cathedral to change.

The league this year looks so tight..no teams cut adrift...going to be a really competitve year...

As far as I'm concerned it's still the same stadium in spirit.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Just watched the Levante match on Sky Sports...how the **** did they blow that.

Gutted for Caparros..set his team up perfectly to shut down the wide mid field space and conceded twice in injury time,the winner by a deflection.

I'm a huge JC fan and he played a tactically brilliant match tonight only to be undone by bad luck.

Another example of everyone in the the division feeling they can beat everyone....great to see.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Anyhow I see tonights match as a real problem.

As long as EV sees San Jose as a CH we are going to be in trouble.

We have conceded at least two goals in 4 of our last 5 games.

With goals drying up this looks like a problem.

Tengo miedo.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Gorka
Iraola-Gurpe-Laporte-Saborit
Rico-Beñat
Susa-Ander-Iker
Óscar

Bench:
Iago
Etxeita
San José
Iturraspe
Morán
Toquero
Aduriz

Very worried that Saborit might lose this game for us and I really hope Postiga doesn't come on.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
More worried about having NO STRIKER GT!

that = no goals.

Can't see us scorong so a clean sheet is a minimum requirement and equally fanciful.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Feghouli gets the yellow he should have had earlier..makes life much easier for the debutant...expect Los Che to rotate the left back threat now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
****ing joke...another gift wrapped 3 points courtesy of a penalty...the sneaky Arab needed little encourage to tip up either.

We give away loads of spot kicks and can't ****ing score when we ****ing get one.

This performance is ****ing dreadful...****ing embarrassing.

Regalo,regalo...Bilbao's in town....**** off....**** right off.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
This is Valverdes fault. His ego gave Saborit the starting position and that's where the threats have come from. I think he also managed to handle the ball after he conceded the freekick just outside the box. Saborit just came back from injury and started okay but after that freekick he was chaos. The penalty is on Laporte but as with Muniain last season he needs a rest.

This is not a terrible performance but the defensive mistakes finally punished us, good playing by Gorka, Iraola, Rico, Beñat and the three offensive midfielders. Now it's time to take on Aduriz and let him score against his old team anyway.

EKIZA COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until then give Albizua the chance in central defense.

It's amazing this squad managed to pick up an injury crisis from the very beginning of the season, Sola, Balenziaga, Ekiza... We need them all desperately right now. Ibai is also slightly injured btw.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Time to analyse..why are we firing in crosses when we don't have a striker.

We need to start cutting inside and running at their defence.

They will shut up shop noe and counter,they are excellent at that.

I think it's fair to say we struggle to break down obdurate (like that word btw) defences.

Valencia have had three consecutive clean sheets against attacks better than ours..hard to be optimistic but we have no choice.

Onwards and who the **** knows where!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
At the minute we are completely clueless.

We are at home and Valencia are cruising to victory...so easy.

This really is pathetic.

We need to show some ****ing spirit rather than this insipid bilge.

Thats all for now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Iturraspe so far has put his first touch into the crowd,his first pass into touch and set up a perfect Valencia counter with a stupid ball when we has a good situation...the guy is ****ing useless and always has been.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts