Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
We're in the drop zone after todays results..a familiar position over the last few seasons after the early combat.

We can't afford to lose tomorrow.

I was at the match in Semana Santa when we escaped late on with a very late goal..a very offside goal tbh.

Difficult game but I expect us to win..as long as we maintain shape and discipline..in other words Iturraspe SIT IN THE MIDDLE and cover our attacks!!..El Loco is no longer the coach!

These guys are bisto on the counter...patience is the key.

Really disappointing start to the season but not too late to turn that around.

I feel our full backs will be key tomorrow.

Aupa!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Gotta win this, probable XI:

Gorka Iraizoz

Óscar de Marcos - Xabi Etxeita - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Benat Etxebarria - Mikel San José

Markel Susaeta - Raúl García - Sabin Merino

Aritz Aduriz

Bench:
GK Iago Herrerin
DF Inigo Lekue
DF Carlos Gurpegi
MF Ander Iturraspe
MF Mikel Rico
MF Javi Eraso
FW Inaki Williams

Out: Sola, Ibai, Eneko Bóveda, Elustondo, Aketxe, Viguera.
Injured: Muniain

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
If you ask me Valverde comits a mistake with this TeamA-TeamB tactic. I undesrstand we play many games, lots of trips etc. but wouldn't make more sense to rest 2-3 players per game and always field a competititve 11? Even the subs will play better if they are mostly surrounded by starters than by other subs.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Starts in 10 minutes, we're playing the lineup I posted except Williams instead of Merino.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
HT: Athletic 1-1 Valencia

Parejo scoring a direct free-kick and Laporte from a corner.

Athletic was playing better, several good chances in the first 20 minutes. Valencia earned a FK in a counterattack and Parejo scored a good goal. After the goal Valencia played better, we were very anxious but fortunately scored from a corner. These last 10 minutes have been 100% Athletic, could have scored the second.

Looks like it's a matter of mood, whoever is with confidence dominates the game. Tough, very tough match but we need this win so much.

Our right wing is attacking very well (De Marcos-Williams right now) we have to keep pressuring Orbán, he is not a defender and it shows.

I wouldn't make any sub but I guess Sabin will have his chance in the second half (when Williams or Susaeta get tired). Iturrase instead of SanJo might be another good idea to have a bit more control, still, it's not like Ander is playing too well lately..and at least SanJo offers aerial power.

BTW, quite funny the ref calling the end of the first half when Athletic had earned a corner. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Continuity Iribar..agree.

The ref was a little harsh blowing up with us having a corner after 45.09!

30 seconds added per goal is the unwritten rule for added time.

Tough second half ahead...draw ther minimum requirement.

We can push on from that...I have a bad feeling though..hope i'm wrong

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
FT: Athletic Club 3-1 Valencia CF :cool:

0-1 Dani Parejo
1-1 Aymeric Laporte
2-1 Markel Susaeta
3-1 Aritz Aduriz

The partnership Raúl-Aritz will give us loats of goals, Raúl offers so many good things during a match, such a complete player. Aaaaaand Markel is on very good form in the last games and that is great news considering he's been about a year missing. :)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Big bottle of Imperial on the go now...Marqués de Riscal to follow.

..I'm going to get lashed after that!!..so pleased and off work tomorrow.

Aupa!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also expect a good performance against a young team AZ, but more important would be a win against Valencia before the international break.
We will play without pressure and with confidence, I guess it would be enough for positive outcome ahead of a much more important match on Sunday.

:datass:
Win or nothing :clint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTcgsERhiPM

That's exactly what we needed at the moment, congrats to everyone! :musik::musik::musik:

This win should be a big boost for the upcoming "easier schedule". Aymeric Laporte is especially impressed me and so far has the highest-played minutes in the team, got a call for France U21 - absolutely deserved!:thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Also all praise for Xabi Etxeita (debutant) and Mikel San José who are called for the Spanish national team. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

If you ask me Valverde comits a mistake with this TeamA-TeamB tactic. I undesrstand we play many games, lots of trips etc. but wouldn't make more sense to rest 2-3 players per game and always field a competititve 11? Even the subs will play better if they are mostly surrounded by starters than by other subs.
The schedule was really difficult one...
Nevertheless, one should consider that we've had a far trip to Azerbaijan, three games against Barcelona, one vs Real Madrid, the Basque derby and now we have another the CL level team (Valencia) to play against, all this in the first two months of the season. :eek:
...and I therefore understand the decision of the coaching staff. But it is already behind us, and I really expect that Valverde doesn't change so many players in the following matches, starting with the guest appearance in Belgrade.:pray:

Aaaaaand Markel is on very good form in the last games and that is great news considering he's been about a year missing. :)
:confused:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Great result..I was supposed to be home this weekend but a blessing I didn't make it.

I am a complete jinx when it comes to attending games..always have been...think thats why I'm in exile!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

The schedule was really difficult one...

...and I therefore understand the decision of the coaching staff. But it is already behind us, and I really expect that Valverde doesn't change so many players in the following matches, starting with the guest appearance in Belgrade.:pray:

:confused:
Tough schedule perhaps but as a side who finished 4th and 7th in the last two campaigns,we should expect to prosper against the best teams..we are one of them!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
MIA

Markel always helps in defense, he knows when to play fast and when slow, he always ends the season with a good bunch of assists but.. Do you remember last Susaeta's performance as Sunday? More than a year ago, for sure. There was a time when these performances were quite usual for Markel, seems like he is recovering his best football.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
For me it's unbelievable that Laporte is called for the u-21 instead of the NT. Said this, better for us, less hype and all..

BTW, talking about u-21 ... Kepa and Remiro continue as the two goalies of Spain u-21. Remiro is on a great form as last year, Kepa started a bit weak but currently is playing excellent, was Valladolid's hero last weekend against Huesca.

Glad to see our goal so secured in the future with these two (and Iago :) )

Bad news is Remiro won't be available for BA this weekend, Jon Ander will play.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MIA

Markel always helps in defense, he knows when to play fast and when slow, he always ends the season with a good bunch of assists but.. Do you remember last Susaeta's performance as Sunday? More than a year ago, for sure. There was a time when these performances were quite usual for Markel, seems like he is recovering his best football.
I thought you said that Markel was missing at the team for a year due to a long-term injury or what, so I was wondering whether the word is about Susaeta or we have someone else Markel at the club.:howler:

Yup, last year was bad one for him, and also hope he would be back in the form of what kind he had in seasons 13/14 and especially 12/13.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts