·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't afford to lose in Donosti.

27/09/2015 - Domingo / 20:30
Estadio: Anoeta (Donostia)
Árbitro: Velasco Carballo (Madrid)

Last victory dates back to 2011. In the past ten seasons we've won twice, drawn three times and lost five times, no too good...

They're two points above us in the league after they've beaten Granada away two days ago thanks to an Agirretxe hattrick.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
27/09/2015 - Domingo / 20:30
Estadio: Anoeta (Donostia)
Árbitro: Velasco Carballo (Madrid)

Last victory dates back to 2011. In the past ten seasons we've won twice, drawn three times and lost five times, no too good...

They're two points above us in the league after they've beaten Granada away two days ago thanks to an Agirretxe hattrick.
We need something out of this and should get it...even a point.

They are an average side tbh and are about as Basque as manu.

Crap club,crap stadium and a crap manager..discuss :howler:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly aside things on the pitch, I prefer them over many other clubs competing in La Liga. Don't see how they're about 'as Basque as manu', like in Bizkaia also in Gipiuzkoa there are strong Basque (separatist) sentiments, perhaps even more in Gipuzkoa, and that's seen back in Anoeta's stands.
Doesn't take away I want us to beat them, but if I had to choose between them and... let's say, Betis or so, for me it was not even a choice.

Anyway, it's clear you dislike some red club out Manchester and them a lot, but that's no big deal :D.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Also, our coach Ernesto Valverde has never led his team to victory at Anoeta with three draws and three defeats in six visits to Donostia.

All this seasons's trips to Inter Baku, Barcelona, Zilina, Eibar and Villarreal have all passed without an Athletic win.

I'm not optimistic, to be honest...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Honestly aside things on the pitch, I prefer them over many other clubs competing in La Liga. Don't see how they're about 'as Basque as manu', like in Bizkaia also in Gipiuzkoa there are strong Basque (separatist) sentiments, perhaps even more in Gipuzkoa, and that's seen back in Anoeta's stands.
Doesn't take away I want us to beat them, but if I had to choose between them and... let's say, Betis or so, for me it was not even a choice.

Anyway, it's clear you dislike some red club out Manchester and them a lot, but that's no big deal :D.
:howler: Knoert...I'm very tongue in cheek as you have probably gathered!

I expect us to win tomorrow..but wouldn't be too upset with a draw.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Athletic Club: team news
E. Boveda and I. Munian are still injured, while G. Elustondo, I. Gomez, A. Aketxe, B. Viguera and K. Sola are out for the technical decision. Good news is the return of A. Iturraspe and I. Williams in the squad, even though I'm not sure that they are completely fit.

Athletic Club: probable line-up

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Stone wall penalty denied but not sure we did enough to deserve the win.

Draw probably a fair result..Barcelona and Real Madrid lost here last season so a point is no disaster.

Onwards and upwards.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm satisfied with a point as well, still no away win so far this season but I doubt whether it should come from Donostia...

Hope to see the first one on Thursday :excited:.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's nice to see a clean sheet in a long time (for the first time after eight years at Anoeta), it's good that Iturraspe and Williams have recovered and played some part last night. đ

Also expect a good performance against a young team AZ, but more important would be a win against Valencia before the international break.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts