Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find any proper thread,so I decided to open this thread,
Kike Sola out for 3-4 weeks? that is what I just saw on facebook but my spanish is not good and I don't know basque, what happened? Aduriz alone now? Torquero is not reliable for scoring, so maybe Ibai will be the best option for Striking position either as a substitute or starter I guess for next 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Celta have looked really potent this year thus far...I have been really impressed with the precision of their passing and the spped they move the ball from the back to the front.They also aren't afraid to use width with we struggle against imo.

They are not be underestimated and there is a chance,like the final competitive match at San Mames,that our boys could be distracted and lack focus.

Attacking options with us are always limited since the big man left.

Valverde clearly doesn't fancy Sola so his injury id by the by as far as i'm concerned.

We need a bigger contribution from midfield and Ibai and De Marcos offre the best options there imo.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Athletic plays a friendly in Amorebieta today and Valverde has called 3 players from BA: Aketxe, Guillermo and Sabin Merino. BA's best player and two possible covers for Sola's absence in the next 3-4 weeks.

Iago, Iraizoz.
Laporte, San José, Albizua, Iraola, Etxeita, Gurpegi, Saborit.
Morán, Beñat, Iturraspe, De Marcos, Susaeta, Rico, Herrera, Aketxe.
Toquero, Aduriz, Guillermo, Merino.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
FT: SD Amorebieta 0-4 Athletic Club

0-1 Andoni Iraola
0-2 Óscar de Marcos
0-3 Aritz Aduriz
0-4 Guillermo Fernández

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Did Aketxe play?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Athletic plays a friendly in Amorebieta today and Valverde has called 3 players from BA: Aketxe, Guillermo and Sabin Merino. BA's best player and two possible covers for Sola's absence in the next 3-4 weeks.
Maybe Valverde saw the odds of Herrera going to United in the winter...?

Doesn't Aketxe play in Herrera's position in BA?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Is anyone from here visiting the first match in our new stadium? Bio? Iribar? I'm very interested to hear the first opinions after the match, the opinions about the stadium :).

·
Registered
947 Posts
I will be in Bilbao for the match against Valencia... but I fear, I won't be as lucky as I was for the Osasuna-match to get a ticket... :/

·
4,421 Posts
Is anyone from here visiting the first match in our new stadium? Bio? Iribar? I'm very interested to hear the first opinions after the match, the opinions about the stadium :).

Yes, Im also going to tomorrow training

I will post my opinions :)

I will be in Bilbao for the match against Valencia... but I fear, I won't be as lucky as I was for the Osasuna-match to get a ticket... :/
It will be very hard to get tickets this season

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hopefully the accolade and prestige of scoring the historic first goal in the new stadium will be a real incentive for our guys...whoever achieves that will be immortilised...hopefully it's a Vigoite!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hopefully the accolade and prestige of scoring the historic first goal in the new stadium will be a real incentive for our guys...whoever achieves that will be immortilised...hopefully it's a Vigoite!
It should be an incentive, agree, but however I want an Athletic player to score the first goal in San Mamés Barria!
It is annoying enough, that it wasn't an Athletic player to score the last goal in San Mamés... and that Athletic lost... :|

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Just checked that Aurtenetxe can't play this game. It would be fun if San Mamés Barria's first goal is scored by Aurtenetxe....with Celta's shirt on. :D

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Today's training will be @ San Mamés, open doors for socios, seems like there will be loooots of people there.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Maybe Valverde saw the odds of Herrera going to United in the winter...?

Doesn't Aketxe play in Herrera's position in BA?
Yes he does. So does Galarreta in Mirandés (MOM and winning goal last weekend against Madrid B)...and a younger Unai López. Position is well covered.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I will be in Spanish territory on Monday night... but in Pineda de Mar, Barcelona. Will definitely be watching in a bar, so I will have quite a unique memory of this unique match!

As has been said elsewhere tho, what a terrible time for any football match, never mind one with this significance to the supporters. If this schedule is for the benefit of Clasico fans in Latin America, clubs like Athletic and Celta better see more of the TV money soon! Its getting more ridiculous every season, maybe time for all the others to leave FCB and RM on their own so they can have all the grudge matches they want, and the rest can negotiate a fair deal!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Players called-up by Ernesto Valverde:

Iraizoz, Herrerín.
Iraola, Etxeita, San José, Gurpegi, Laporte.
De Marcos, Iturraspe, Beñat, Morán, Herrera, Susaeta, Rico.
Muniain, Ibai, Toquero, Aduriz.

Suspended: -
Injured: Ekiza, Balenziaga, Sola.
Out: Saborit, Albizua.

Probable XI (ETB)

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Mikel San José - Carlos Gurpegi - Aymeric Laporte

Ander Iturraspe - Beñat Etxebarria

Markel Susaeta - Óscar de Marcos - Iker Muniain

Aritz Aduriz

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion