1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ATHLETIC CLUB (8th place, 49 points)
vs.
ELCHE CF (13th place, 40 points)

DATE: Sunday, May 17, 2015 (7 p.m. CET; 10 a.m. PT)
U.S. TV: None
INT'L TV/ONLINE: Click here for list

ATHLETIC ROSTER:
TBD

ELCHE ROSTER:
TBD

·
Registered
947 Posts
A big fail from Iago (running out of his goal) leads Elche to the lead.
They are way better anyways..

Another evening ruined, but at least it's a sunday...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Iago is a moderate keeper...hopeless on crosses and has no command of his area.

Against Depor the back line was constantly looking behind for him to come for the ball..he generally didn't and that led us to hack the ball anywhere.

The defence has no confidence in him and to be fair thats understandable when he makes things up as he goes along without a game plan.

Awful keeper...good shot stopper.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
More than happy to skip Europe this year.

After the Copa final that would leave 2 weeks off before resuming training for the qualifiers...can do without that.

Lets build for a good season next term.

·
Registered
947 Posts
2:0 for Elche... thank you, Pathetic Club! -.- :mad:

About Iago..
Well, he was in a good form before his injury but now... I don't feel comfortable at all with him as a goalkeeper (especially in the cup final).

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why the hell is Gorka not starting? If this is some ploy to get Iago some experience before May 30, well, it's backfiring. :groan:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Why the hell is Gorka not starting? If this is some ploy to get Iago some experience before May 30, well, it's backfiring. :groan:
The guy is shit..I was trying to be diplomatic.

Gorka must start in the final but the fashion to give the understudy a cup run seems to guarantee this complete hopless and hapless tit a game.

Youy play your best team regardless of the competition.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is there any chance Gorka will play in the cup final? Or are there contracts, that say that Iago has to play no matter what (except of being injured of course)?

Because... if I was Valverde, I would play Gorka... in EVERY match given the fact of Iagos current form...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
No contracts to that effect Lucy.

Just the fashion to give some of the extras a game.

This match is huge for us and although we probably have little chance,the goal keeping role is critical if we are to be in any way competitive.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Okay, got that.

So, if Valverde plays Iago in the cup final alltough he is able to see, that Iago won't suit at all for this match, I will be very, very angry.

This match does mean a lot to our club and I don't want to hear "little chances"... no, I want everybody to f***ing fight for a damn victory!! :/

·
Registered
947 Posts
Don't tell me o_O tell that them players on the field in Barcelona's stadium (let's not talk about the fact, that the match takes place in Barcelona...-.-).

·
Registered
947 Posts
BOAH F*** YOU referee!!! A LEGAL goal not counted!! boaah... we could have been leading now, I am ANGRY!!!!!!
Still 2:2 ... pfff... vete ya, arbitro!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Got to love that...we did a Deportivo on Elche!!

Great effort and desire to never give up.

I'm a mixture of Basque and Irish and it really is inbred!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts