1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATHLETIC CLUB - Levante UD

Domingo 26/05/13 - 20:00 CET
Bilbo (San Mamés)
Árbitro: Teixeira Vitienes II (Cantabria)

- - - - - - - - - -

Unfortunately haven't got the time for a good preview, but luckily we've got Star on this forum who wrote some piece.
As you all probably know it's the last official match of our first team in La Catedral. Hopefully they'll bring the stadium a nice farewell. It's not the last match ever, as Bilbao Athletic will face Levante B next week. The first team will play a farewell match in June 5th if I'm right, and who knows Bilbao Athletic will advance some rounds and celebrate promotion to Segunda to say definitely farewell to our stadium?

We'll see, first it's the frogs at home tonight. Aupa.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, that wasn't fun.

A million and one beautiful passes and most of the possession, but nothing real at the end of it. How bout that low cross that just rolled through Levante's central area but not one, but TWO players from Athletic failed to pull the trigger and it just rolled out of the box harmlessly.

I'm hoping it's just a case of some jitters with all the anticipation and pressure from this match due to the historical connotations. Like tarquin points out, a loss today would be VERY disappointing.

Oh well, the second half can only get better. Right?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think I'd cry if Toquero scored a goal to win it here. Just came in for Ander Herrera.

What a fitting ending that would be. Right now though, it's almost as if they are playing for style rather than product. One too many passes. A little more direct guys. The end product has been pitiful.

We need this win!

·
Registered
998 Posts
this is just embarrassing...

the last european cup game at san mames - 0:0 against sparta and elimination

the last copa game at san mames - 1:1 against eibar and elimination

the last league game at san mames - 0:1 against levante

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Disappointing to bow out like that.

I first went there with my Grandad as a 5-y-o....so gonna miss that place,so many memories,so much in my heart.

·
Registered
160 Posts
this is just embarrassing...

the last european cup game at san mames - 0:0 against sparta and elimination

the last copa game at san mames - 1:1 against eibar and elimination

the last league game at san mames - 0:1 against levante
I thought about that too when the game just ended. Something is wrong with that. I don't know if it's the players toughness, dedication, passion for the club or coaching or what it is really... but something is not right with this team.

I really hope we see more competition for starting positions in camp this next season. Kepa should push Gorka for his job. Saborit and Balenziaga should push Aurtentxe. Only a few positions should be considered safe. This team needs to compete in order to improve consistently every day. Hopefully we'll have a bigger squad next season to allow for this.

This one stings.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So much disappointment...

After Muniain's red card (clear one) we played better I think, and pushed higher up, but a game like that should be won from the first 30 minutes. Not doing so, against an opponent that won't die for a point, it simply adds to the disappointment.

Don't know if anyone mentioned that throughout the year, but Munian played terrible the whole year, and I doubt he became a better football than the wonderkid we all remember.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts