Xtratime Community banner

Liga BBVA Round 36: Rayo Vallecano - Athletic Club

2K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Iribar 
#1 · (Edited)

Tomorrow night in Vallekas, I think we can secure our CL qualification spot if we win in our friends' home.

Rayo Vallecano - Athletic Club
02/05/2014 - 21.00
Campo de Fútbol de Vallecas
Árbitro: Fernández Borbalán (Andalucía)

As usual there's a lot of interest in this game.
http://www.canalathletic.com/noticias/2014-04-30/entradas-athletic-cola-201404301304.html

Bukaneros prepare a nice tifo.
http://www.bukaneros.org/?p=4895

Players called
Iraizoz, Toquero, Iñigo Pérez, Laporte, Erik Morán, San José, Beñat, Iturraspe, **** Sola, De Marcos, Ibai, Albizua, Iago Herrerín, Susaeta, Iraola, X.Etxeita, Mikel Rico, Gurpegi, Muniain, Aduriz, Ander Herrera, Saborit, Ekiza, Balenziaga, Guillermo, Ruiz de Galarreta.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello lads.

Just back from Bilbo after my Easter vacation.

The disappointment of the Barcelona game was quickly swept aside by our win v Seville in my first game at our new home which was fantastic.

The pre match atmosphere was strangely subdued around Poza's with a tangible nervousness in the air.Nerves were quickly settled by Susa's early goal direct from a corner and after that we took control.

Seville were very disappointing with Emery's team selection and tactics most unusual.I was very surprised they left their best players on the bench and played with two up front and adopted a long ball game which gave us an extra player in midfield.

Clearly the Europa League means more to Seville.

Tonights match won't be easy against an inform team who in their last ten matches have won 7 drawn 2 and lost only to Real Madrid.

They have scored 11 in their last 4 matches are going to be a threat.

On the plus side we have lost only once there in our last nine visits and they have the worst defensive record in the whole league.

Onwards and upwards.

#7 ·
starting lineup:
Iraizoz; Iraola, San José, Laporte, Balenziaga; Iturraspe, Mikel Rico, Herrera; Susaeta, Aduriz, De Marcos

bench:
Iago Herrerin; Toquero, Beñat, Etxeita, Guillermo, Moran, Albizua.

De Marcos on left wing :eek: Would have liked to see Guillermo on that position....

correct, he's not in the squad today

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.