Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Biggest game of the season and no one is commenting?

Anyway, we're in the lead (1-0), controlling the game but got to be careful in the back, they've got two very fast forwards upfront. Rakitic, Marin or Vitolo on the bench.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Starting line ups:

Iraizoz; Iraola, San José, Laporte, Balenziaga; Iturraspe, Mikel Rico; Susaeta, Herrera, Muniain; Aduriz.

Beto; Coke, N. Pareja, Fazio, Alberto; Diogo, Carriço, Iborra, Trochowski; Gameiro, Bacca.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Surprisingly, no changes in Sevilla's starting 11 for the second half. Would have expected someone more creative but I guess Emery is still hoping for a counter-attack goal.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was watching the whole match and I really enjoyed Athletic tonight.

I still don't say that we have the CL spot in the bag.. but tonight we took a big step towards CL and I hope so much, that Athletic will reach it.

Two games away (Rayo and Almería) and one match at home vs Real Sociedad... we'll see.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this isn't the Dutch cup final, we have to be patient :D
Hehehe, that was some nice action, eh? ;)

congrats on the win and the CL place, we were never in this game
Thanks! Good luck in the Euroleague to you.

I still don't say that we have the CL spot in the bag.. but tonight we took a big step towards CL and I hope so much, that Athletic will reach it.

Two games away (Rayo and Almería) and one match at home vs Real Sociedad... we'll see.
Can't imagine we give this away, no easy game as Rayo aren't bad after the winterbreak, in the derby anything can happen and Almería fight to avoid relegation, but still, six points should be enough.

·
Registered
951 Posts
FT: Athletic 3-1 Sevilla

Three games left.

4. Athletic - 65 points
5. Sevilla - 59
6. Real Sociedad - 57

With today's win, Athletic holds tiebreaker over Sevilla. Therefore,

ATHLETIC CLINCHES CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IF:
-Athletic wins once.
-Athletic draws all three games.
-Sevilla loses once + Erreala loses or draws once.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hehehe, that was some nice action, eh? ;)

Thanks! Good luck in the Euroleague to you.

Can't imagine we give this away, no easy game as Rayo aren't bad after the winterbreak, in the derby anything can happen and Almería fight to avoid relegation, but still, six points should be enough.
If you put head to head advantage like a ghost point into the account it will be 7 points.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I am wondering If any of real Madrid or atletico win champions league, will that mean one more direct qualification into group stages of champions league.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Great match, till we scored the third goal.

Amazing goal from Susaeta, no one commented a direct corner kick goal? Very good game from our midfield, we totally dominated the match, and we relaxed only after we cleared the game.

I expect now Tarquin's analysis, among others! ;)

AUPA ATHLETIC!

·
Registered
998 Posts
If Sevilla qualifies to the Europa League final, they will travel to Getafe 4 days before the final and Getafe need to win badly to survive, they also host Villarreal and Elche (fighting for survival as well)

Real receives Granada (still in danger), then travels to Bilbao and then host Villarreal as well.

My guess for the final standings:
Athletic 72
Erreala 63
Sevilla 62

1 - 20 of 26 Posts