1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATHLETIC CLUB - RCD MALLORCA

Sábado 11/05/13 - 16:00 CET
Bilbo (San Mamés)
Árbitro: Hernández Hernández (Las Palmas)

La Liga table
1. FC Barcelona 34 - 88
2. Real Madrid 35 - 80
3. Atlético Madrid 35 - 72
4. Real Sociedad 34 - 58
14. Athletic Club 34 - 38
17. Osasuna 34 - 33
- - - - - - - - - -
18. Deportivo la Coruña 34 - 32
19. Celta de Vigo 35 - 31
20. Real Mallorca 34 - 29

Recent form: Athletic Club (last five matches)
03/05 - Celta de Vigo - Athletic Club 1-1
27/04 - Athletic Club - FC Barcelona 2-2
21/04 - Deportivo la Coruña - Athletic Club 1-1
14/04 - Athletic Club - Real Madrid 0-3
08/04 - Sevilla FC - Athletic Club 2-1

Recent form: RCD Mallorca (last five matches)
05/05 - Real Mallorca - Levante 1-1
27/04 - Real Zaragoza - Real Mallorca 3-2
19/04 - Real Mallorca - Rayo Vallecano 1-1
15/04 - Real Mallorca - Celta de Vigo 1-0
06/04 - FC Barcelona - Real Mallorca 5-0

Last five league meetings in Bilbao
(Overall: 26 games, 18 victories, 3 draws, 5 defeats)
15/04/2012 - Athletic Club - Real Mallorca 1-0
21/09/2010 - Athletic Club - Real Mallorca 3-0
02/05/2010 - Athletic Club - Real Mallorca 1-3
04/04/2009 - Athletic Club - Real Mallorca 2-1
04/05/2008 - Athletic Club - Real Mallorca 1-2

Record with the referee (Hernández Hernández - 1 match, earlier this season versus Sevilla)
Won: 1 - (100,00%)
Drawn: 0 - (0%)
Defeats: 0 - (0%)

Player to watch out for
No clue, honestly, please name it :angel:

Conclusion
Mallorca are looking on their way to Segunda as they're on a poor run and the teams around them are gaining more points which brought them to the last position in the league.
We really should be aware we're not going to be one of the two teams joining them to Segunda, we're even on a worse run than them. Meanwhile the gap with the 18th place has been reduced to just 6 points with four matches to go while the bottom teams are gaining more and more points over the past few rounds.
In short: this is a vital match once again, we MUST win this one.

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

My prediction: 3-0

Extra: the reserves played a friendly in Portugale three days ago --> video.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Oh, please, not THAT referee... I remember the match, Sevilla had 12 players and Athletic 10. -.- It was just luck, we won the match...

If we lose this game, we will play Segunda next season.
Let's see... :(

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, we need some more positivism Lucie, let's look at our remaining schedule after this game. That's as follows:

19-05-2013 / 19:00
Real Zaragoza-Athletic Club

Zaragoza are another team in trouble, this will be another vital match, but a point will probably do.

26-05-2013
Athletic Club-Levante UD

Remember the saviour match a few seasons ago, I can't imagine Levante will cause us really trouble ;).

01-06-2013
Rayo Vallecano-Athletic Club

On the pitch they're stronger than us, off the pitch this whole club wants us in Primera, so if it comes on to this match I'm not that afraid.

You see, it looks quite positive, even if we lose tomorrow versus Mallorca, however, of course, three points are better, especially for my nerves :D.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Oh, please, not THAT referee... I remember the match, Sevilla had 12 players and Athletic 10. -.- It was just luck, we won the match...

We shouldnt LET the referee ruin the game by any means...Ander is back so this better be a one-sided affair, otherwise we don't deserve to stay up :err:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Relax people!...be cool..

Tomorrow doesn't matter!!...we can rely on the big brown envelope we will give Levante...again!

That match program is actually in the museum in San Mames.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Seriously though...a win tmz would ease the pain.

It will be a tight game between two of the worst defences in the division..neither team are prolific in front of goal either.Mallorca will not "park the bus" and will attack since a draw is of no use to them.We generally do better in matches played like this rather than trying to break down two banks of five players.We have more quality but need to make that count.

WE MUST SCORE FIRST!

Worth remembering that 8th place qualifies for Europe this year so teams from 11th place up have realistic chances of playing in the Europa League.This hopefully means that there are no easy matches for our relegation rivals since all these other teams have something to play for.

Onwards and upwards.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
lol yeah, Levante has been very "kind" to their opponets after they reached 40 points this season as well ;)
I thought Levante was magnificent tonight when they went down to 10 men with 35 minutes to go and then down to 9 for the last 90 seconds..despite the sending off they still played 3 men up top and almost won!

Crazy tactics but the draw did us no harm.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Pathetic.

1.We need to get control of midfield
2.We need to retain the ball
3.we need to pass the ball forward more often
4 We need to stay onside

We lack on the field leadership.

Why was Iker allowed to take that spot kick which he back passed to the keeper.Ridiculous.

Iker has admitted his form has been poor and confidence low.

The senior players should have taken responsibility and let someone else take the penalty.

Had that been scored then game over.We have been gifted a great opportunity but seem intent on ****ing it up.

Nothing new there.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It was Aritz who took the penalty. Iker was the one who scored after the rebound, wrongly flagged for offside
:thumbsup:My feed very grainy and soccerstand reported it as Iker..corrected now.

What an awful bloody performance but safety all but assured...or have this team got another surprise for us?

I love the thrill of the relegation struggle...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Are we really 100 % safe? No little danger anymore at the horizon?

By the way... very awful performance yesterday... I really HOPE that next season won't continue as this season.. and I hope next season will be a Primera season for us!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I think our relegation struggle is over now, as we're safe, which brings me a lot of relief.
I know but the buzz of the survival matches is something special..last three games going to be boring..pity we couldn't have just drawn on Saturday :howler:

Lucie I think Depor have to win their remaining three matches to equal our points tally and have a better goal difference than us since the head to head analysis is redundant in the event of a points draw..both matches between the teams finished 1-1.

Celta and Mallorca can't catch us.

We are 99.99% safe.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I know but the buzz of the survival matches is something special..last three games going to be boring..pity we couldn't have just drawn on Saturday :howler:
Wash your mouth out!! :rollani: :D

Lucie I think Depor have to win their remaining three matches to equal our points tally and have a better goal difference than us since the head to head analysis is redundant in the event of a points draw..both matches between the teams finished 1-1.

Celta and Mallorca can't catch us.

We are 99.99% safe.
I know that Celta and Mallorca are too far away from us, but I also have seen that Depor is 9 points behind us.. and if we lose everything and Depor wins everything, they will have a better goal-average than us, since the average is similar now (Athletic -21 and Depor -22).
But I wonder if the other teams can get in front of us.. together with Depor. It also depends on their matches, I know Depor is playing Espanyol, Málaga and Sociedad... but I don't know the other teams.. if they play each other or... you know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Granada and Osasuna play each other but I'm sure we can muster at least a point from our remaining games.

Granada rescued a 93rd minute point in Donosti last evening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts