Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday @ 21.00 in the Camp Nou. Barça threw away their whole season in just one week and are missing several players now. Could we get something from there or is Barça determined to show they're not that bad?

I think if we can surprise there this is the right moment.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Rico is ready! :cool:

Probable XI

Gorka Iraizoz

Óscar de Marcos - Mikel San José - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Mikel Rico - Ander Iturraspe

Markel Susaeta - Ander Herrera - Iker Muniain

Aritz Aduriz

Bench
GK Iago Herrerin
DF Unai Albizua
DF Xabi Etxeita
DF Andoni Iraola
MF Erik Morán
MF Beñat Etxebarria
FW Gaizka Toquero
FW Guillermo Fernández

Suspended: -
Injured: Ekiza, Gurpegi, Ibai Gómez, Kike Sola.
Out: Saborit.

·
Registered
951 Posts
LA LIGA TABLE
4. Athletic - 62 pts (5 games left)
5. Sevilla - 56 pts (5 games left)
6. Erreala - 54 pts (4 games left)

If my math is correct, any combination of three wins (9 points), one draw (1 point), and one loss (0 points) would clinch 4th place.

My reasoning is that Sevilla is six points behind, so if we get 10 out of the remaining 15 points left, then we end up with 72 points. Even if Sevilla wins all of their last five games (15 points), they would still end up one point short with 71. Correct?

That said, I think in reality, we win two (6 points), draw one (1 point) and lose two (0 points). In that scenario, we end up with 69 points. For us to lose 4th place, a lot would still have to happen:

*Other than Sevilla winning all five games (obviously), they would need to win four of the five games (12 points) AND draw the other one (1 point) for 69 points. Oh yeah, AND they would have had to beaten us in the head-to-head matchup next week for the tiebreaker, because if they don't, Athletic has the next tiebreaker for Fair Play locked up.

I like our chances. A draw today would be HUGE toward achieving that goal! AUPA!

·
Registered
951 Posts
51st minute. 2-0 Sevilla. BONEHEAD play by Granada D. Center-back with a simple pass back to the keeper Karnezis, but he was unaware and it slipped right by him.

We NEED a point here now.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Pedro ALL ALONE with beautiful through ball from Messi but Gorka with the save!!! Moments later, Messi beats the back line but Gorka again gets a knee on it!!!

14th minute: Still 0-0.

·
Registered
951 Posts
30th minute: Aduriz with a bicycle kick that hits the CROSSBAR! Susaeta with the rebound but stoned by Pinto. :(

0-0.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Rico in please. As long as we keep this intensity we can get something from this game. We have to score since it's extremely difficult barcelona doesn't score.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts