1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

CÓRDOBA CF (20th place, 20 points)
vs.
ATHLETIC CLUB (8th place, 43 points)

DATE: Friday, April 24, 2015 (8:45 p.m. CET; 11:45 a.m. PT)
U.S. TV: BeIN Sports en Español
ONLINE: BeIN Sports Connect
INT'L TV/ONLINE: Click here for list

ATHLETIC LINEUP:

CÓRDOBA LINEUP:

BENCHES:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Am watching the match, Córdoba is putting Athletic under pressure, we don't play good tonight... if Athletic doesn't improve, Códoba will win this tonight... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Viguera on now for Iñaki Williams. It is minute 86.

If it was me, I would have substituted Williams earlier. He is not a bad player, sure not, but he still needs to improve his passes and he sometimes appears weak somehow in the fights for the ball.

·
Registered
947 Posts
UFF.

Fulltime!
Còrdoba 0 - Athletic Club 1 (Beñat)

This was far from clear when looking at their chances. But I am happy. :D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Viguera on now for Iñaki Williams. It is minute 86.

If it was me, I would have substituted Williams earlier. He is not a bad player, sure not, but he still needs to improve his passes and he sometimes appears weak somehow in the fights for the ball.
He is still a very raw talent Lucy and many elements of his game need tightening but he remains a player of huge potential.

Pace...Pace...Pace...no team can ever have enough of that...especially our pedestrian team.

His work rate is excellent and his tackling getting better.

His decision making and final ball can be disappointing but given the limited experience he has had,i think he has massive potential..potential only mind you at the minute.

I'm still very excited about him despite all the mitigating caveats.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Anyhow,regardless of how we do it,only Barcelona have more points than Athletic in the last ten games played by any team in the division.

Thats impressive,albeit a little too late...but you never know!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Erreala will be tough but I think we can scrape together at least a point from that game.

Atletico is the big hurdle IMO. If we can escape Calderon with a point (or at least have Malaga lose or draw that week) we're in good shape for 7th!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
So I was at the game :D.

Haven't really got much to add, except the incredible amount of Athletizales in the stadium, certainly over 1000 and that for a Friday night match so far away from Bilbao. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts