DF Unai Albizua
MF Erik Morán
MF Beñat Etxebarria
MF Óscar de Marcos
FW Gaizka Toquero

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I see Amorebieta's defending is as inconsistent as ever.

Just got his marching orders after picking up his second yellow card and in the process conceding two penalties,both scored.

His team are now 2-0 down and only have 10 players.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
No Aduriz tonight obviously but this a game we'd expect to win.

Getafe are poor on the road with 3 wins,1 draw and 9 defeats in 13 matches,scoring 8 and letting in 24.

Can't be complacent however...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Can see the logic of giving Guillermo his first start at CF at home in this fixture.

Bound to have been dying for this chance since his goal in Seville.

Our other option,The President,hasn't scored in 23 La Liga games though tbf he usually comes on when we have something to protect and his job is to chase down the opposition high up the pitch in their own half...something he does fantastically well.

Be nice to see both score tonight although 1-0 will do me!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probable XI:

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Carlos Gurpegi - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Ander Iturraspe - Mikel Rico

Markel Susaeta - Ander Herrera - Iker Muniain

Guillermo Fernández​

Bench:

GK Iago Herrerin
DF Mikel San José
DF Unai Albizua
MF Erik Morán
MF Beñat Etxebarria
MF Óscar de Marcos
FW Gaizka Toquero
confirmed

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great goal, someone different from IBai scoring from out of the box! :eek:

Hope Gurpe's injury isn't too serious. :(

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Super strike from Susaeta saved what was a pretty average half from our point of view and no surprise it took such an effort for us to score.

We only got in behind them once when Susa played a poor final ball.Other than that we have been reduced to playing in front of their back line,swinging in crosses and shooting from long range.

Guillermo has looked lively and is having a very sold match.

Getafe,to their credit are working really hard closing down space and have on occasions played two up top.They have pace and got in behind us several times but failed to create too much.

Need another one to put this to bed...Onwards and upwards.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sad to see Gurpegi limp off just before the interval with another knee injury.

Lets hope SJ can do as good a job...poor old Ekiza,ten times the defender SJ is.

Really wonder what the full story is behind his continual exclusion...someone is going to get a great player for a bargain price in the Summer.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That was too close for comfort near the end.

We should have wrapped it up but our search for a second was crazy with the game becoming very open with end to end action..very exciting but bad for the nerves.

We really must learn how to keep the ball and slow the game down at times when it gets stretched..take the sting out of it to offset the threat of the opposition.

Laporte was awesome,again,but we looked a little tired at the end.

Still 3 points in the bag and a step closer to the big prize.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gurpegi's injury: Sprained knee level I

That is about 15 days out so he will miss the 2 games next week for sure (Elche and Atlético). We'll see if he is back for Levante.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Really wonder what the full story is behind his continual exclusion...someone is going to get a great player for a bargain price in the Summer.
It's been bother me for some time too. Breaks my heart to see a solid defender like Ekiza sometimes not even in the call ups. Don't know much of Etxeita but from his performances in Elche last season he should be given a fair chance before leaving the club.

I guess the only way they will be given a chance is if we had injuries/suspensions on SJ, Laporte and Gurpegi at the same time. Or if they suddenly start to make major mistakes in the back four.

I'm a huge supporter of Ekiza and any team in primera would gain in a buying of his services. Something for Barcelona. Instead of Laporte? If I would be Tata I would look at both Ekiza and Laporte. Let's hope he doesn't think the same way I do.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have recently read an interview with Ekiza in which he said he's always been an Athletizale and doesn't plan to leave the club any time soon, quite the opposite. I think he may be given more chances in near future since I doubt we can keep Laporte, who's simply too much potential and self-confidence to be overlooked by top european clubs, I'm sure Barcelona are following him closely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts