1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VILLARREAL CF - ATHLETIC CLUB

Lunes 17/03/14 - 22:00 CET
Vila-real (El Madrigal)
Árbitro: González González (Castilla y León)

La Liga table
1. Real Madrid 27 - 67
2. Atlético Madrid 27 - 64
3. FC Barcelona 27 - 63
4. Athletic Club 27 - 51
5. Villarreal 27 - 44
6. Real Sociedad 27 - 44
7. Sevilla 27 - 41
8. Valencia 27 - 36
9. Espanyol 27 - 36
10. Levante 27 - 36
17. Real Valladolid 27 - 26
- - - - - - - - - -
18. UD Almería 27 - 26
19. Rayo Vallecano 27 - 26
20. Real Betis 27 - 18

Recent form: Villarreal CF (last five matches)
08/03 - Granada - Villarreal 2-0
02/03 - Villarreal - Real Betis 1-1
24/02 - Espanyol - Villarreal 1-2
15/02 - Villarreal - Celta de Vigo 0-2
08/02 - Real Madrid - Villarreal 4-2

Recent form: Athletic Club (last five matches)
09/03 - Valencia - Athletic Club1-1
28/02 - Athletic Club - Granada 4-0
23/02 - Real Betis - Athletic Club 0-2
16/02 - Athletic Club - Espanyol 1-2
10/02 - Celta de Vigo - Athletic Club 0-0

Last five league meetings in Vila-real
(Overall: 13 games, 2 victories, 3 draws, 8 defeats)
26/02/2012 - Villarreal - Athletic Club 2-2
07/11/2010 - Villarreal - Athletic Club 4-1
13/02/2010 - Villarreal - Athletic Club 2-1
21/03/2009 - Villarreal - Athletic Club 2-0
30/09/2007 - Villarreal - Athletic Club 1-0

Record with the referee (González González - 9 matches)
Won: 5 - (55,56%)
Drawn: 2 - (22,22%)
Defeats: 2 - (22,22%)

After we visited the Comunidad Valenciana exactly one week ago we'll head there again. This time not the Mestalla is our goal, but the Madrigal in the small town of Vila-real.
It's very important not to loose and invite Villarreal back into the battle for the Champions League qualification spot. A draw would do, especially as our record in the Madrigal isn't really good and we'll keep them on distance.

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

My prediction: 1-1

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Agree Knoert....draw would be fine.

Villarreal are decent at home,only lost three but I think we can get a result...the more we play the better we are at the moment.

St Paticks day over here on Monday so delving into my 25% Irish DNA this weekend (of which I am so proud..my grandfather was/is a legend in my eyes and always will be)...hopefully the luck of the Irish/Basque.

We just beat the frogs to win the 6 nations in the rugger and had 12 winners at Cheltenham at the Horse Racing Festival.

I actually see Irish/Basque as so similar...we are warriors and fight and never give up.

If I had a penny for every tosser who ask me "Do you feel Irish,British or Basque..."..FO all of you..!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually see Irish/Basque as so similar...we are warriors and fight and never give up.
Agreed, so different but on the same way so the same.

Anyone know where this one is taken? Have it saved on my PC but no clue where I got it from. There's some Irish/Basque murals in Belfast too I believe, must have got some pictures but no idea where :D.

Happy Paddy's day tarquin. :thmbup:

·
Registered
998 Posts
We need to go for 3 points here, Yellow Submarine are not doing well (4 points out of 15 possible, btw Knoert you have a mistake there, they didn't beat Betis 2-0, it was a 1-1 draw) and their home form is far from what it used to be in the 1st half of the season.

Both Erreala and Sevilla have won, the gap between the 7th and the 8th position has increased to 8 points, so it's basically between us, Erreala, Villarreal and Sevilla. We already have a big advantage (5 points over Erreala, 7 points over Villarreal and Sevilla), but tomorrow's victory would be vital.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Agreed, so different but on the same way so the same.

Anyone know where this one is taken? Have it saved on my PC but no clue where I got it from. There's some Irish/Basque murals in Belfast too I believe, must have got some pictures but no idea where :D.

Happy Paddy's day tarquin. :thmbup:
Cheers Knoert!..,that mural will be in West Belfast..the other side of the community here are very right wing..that is to say they Nazi salute and don't like anything remotely Catholic.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Danny,to my mind a draw will do nicely...e3ffectively knocks them out of our race for fourth...we still have Seville/Donosti at home and tbh two draws there will probably do well.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anyone confirm, if it's true we've scored about double as much goals playing towards our fans in San Mamés instead of playing towards the empty wall?
Read that somewhere.

Yellow Submarine are not doing well (4 points out of 15 possible, btw Knoert you have a mistake there, they didn't beat Betis 2-0, it was a 1-1 draw)
Thanks, edited.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Can anyone confirm, if it's true we've scored about double as much goals playing towards our fans in San Mamés instead of playing towards the empty wall?
Read that somewhere.
I said that against Espanyol, I think it is even more than double, If you want, you can see highlights of all our matches on official website and see yourself.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Oh, another missed penalty.
Not sure how important this game actually is.
Important not to lose at home to Erreala, but we can afford to lose this one. Villarreal won't manage the fourth spot anyway...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think this one is very important, not just because of Villarreal but also because of the gap we should maintain with the rest, we can't be cautious enough.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
This match matters.Big time.

To miss a gift away from home is not in any way acceptable.

Penalty rates are 82%..we run at 46% or thereabouts...not good enough.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts