4. Málaga 27 - 44
9. Getafe 27 - 39
14. Athletic Club 27 - 32
17. Real Zaragoza 27 - 26
- - - - - - - - - -
18. Real Mallorca 27 - 24
19. Celta de Vigo 27 - 23
20. Deportivo la Coruña 27 - 17

Recent form: Getafe CF (last five matches)
10/03 - Levante - Getafe 0-0
01/03 - Getafe - Real Zaragoza 2-0
23/02 - Real Mallorac - Getafe 1-3
16/02 - Getafe - Celta de Vigo 3-1
10/02 - FC Barcelona - Getafe 6-1

Recent form: Athletic Club (last five matches)
10/03 - Athletic Club - Valencia 1-0
02/03 - Osasuna - Athletic Club 0-1
22/02 - Athletic Club - Real Sociedad 1-3
16/02 - Málaga - Athletic Club 1-0
10/02 - Athletic Club - Espanyol 0-4

Last five league meetings in Getafe
(Overall: 8 games, 0 victories, 3 draws, 5 defeats)
08/01/2012 - Getafe - Athletic Club 0-0
14/03/2011 - Getafe - Athletic Club 2-2
25/10/2009 - Getafe - Athletic Club 2-0
22/02/2009 - Getafe - Athletic Club 1-1
31/10/2007 - Getafe - Athletic Club 1-0

Record with the referee (Iglesias Villanueva - 6 matches)
Won: 2 - (33,33%)
Drawn: 3 - (50,00%)
Defeats: 1 - (16,67%)

Player to watch out for
If I have got to name one, I'd say Barrada and / or Lafita.

Conclusion
During our entire history we never managed to win in Getafe. That's not too weird because Geta entered the Primera just in 2004, but since then they're unbeaten at home versus us.
To me this season they look like a team leaning a lot on their defence trying to surprise their opponent on the counter attack. Something they succeed in looking at their position in the table.
With that this season learned us opponents playing like that are very hard to beat for us, because of that I agree with Star and am happy with a draw for once. Doesn't mean I'm dreaming about three points of course ;).

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

My prediction: 1-1

Read Star's preview by following the link below. :thumbsup:

http://butchersofbilbao.blogspot.nl/2013/03/a-look-ahead-getafe-vs-athletic-club.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
Excellent work as usual Knoert, and thanks for dedicating the time to do this for all of us. It is GREATLY appreciated. I added a link to your preview here on the blog and will continue to do so going forward whenever you make a game preview. Your hard work and knowledge of the game deserves to be recognized.

Hopefully Bielsa's hard work and knowledge of the game are recognized later today as well and Athletic gets the 3 points!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent work as usual Knoert, and thanks for dedicating the time to do this for all of us. It is GREATLY appreciated. I added a link to your preview here on the blog and will continue to do so going forward whenever you make a game preview. Your hard work and knowledge of the game deserves to be recognized.

Hopefully Bielsa's hard work and knowledge of the game are recognized later today as well and Athletic gets the 3 points!
Thanks, same goes for you and your blog. :thumbsup:

Will try to make a preview like this for every match but I'll certainly need some adding help from for example Iribar as for posting the lineups and so ;).

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the game tonight but I'll certainly be with the team in my thoughts. :angel:

·
Registered
947 Posts
This really sucks... :( and they play quite awful as well... how is that possible? Two wins in a row and then... this shit performance again! I am disgusted! :(

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Horrible performance. It doesn't matter how many times it is proven, this 11 can't play Bielsas 4-1-4-1 tactic and San José can't play as CB, Bielsa still insists on it because of his visions. That's the problem; if every player on the team could think as Marcelo this tactic might have worked but today we can't even begin to estimate the amount of mistakes. I think Susaeta has improved the last games in his entire performance but he got more invisible late during the second half. I said earlier Aduriz was going to enter a goaldrought, which he has done and the only sensible thing to do is to let him start a match on the bench, now he needs to be subbed. Hopefully we will see a bit of Toquero who's impressed in his few recent substitute appearances. Probably Iker and Llorente will come on soon.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
A fully deserved defeat which could have been by greater numbers. Nothing went right today except our opponents inability to capitalize from their many opportunities. I don't think the match would have looked this way if we would have started with San José and Iturraspe as defensive midfielders, none of them performed well today but they do provide a necessary block and cover for the other defensive positions.

So luckily we will probably still be 8 points clear of relegation after this round. What determines our destiny is up to the teams below us and whether Bielsa wishes to continue digging our grave in his apocalyptic 4-1-4-1 formation or decides to go with common sense which most sane managers would have done in his position. Of course a lot is up to the outfielders who were all bad today, but as long as they play Bielsas favourite formation at least I can't blame them for the results.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hello everyone.

Looks like we're back in the poop again.For the third time this season we have got beaten after back to back wins.

I off home for Easter and will take in the Granada game on Easter Monday.

I do find a relegation battle somewhat invigorating...much more exciting than mid table inertia.

Espanyol ahead away to Malaga only compounds our misery.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I guess I'm lucky I had to work through this one?

It was slow at work, so I had the "luxury" of being able to keep checking my phone every few minutes to follow the gamecast. I started following about 10 minutes in and saw that we were already down through a goal to Borja. I thought, damn, that's not the start we wanted but still held out hope that we'd be able to bring 1 back. It never happened.

I kept reading the descriptions of play that they put up too and almost everything seemed to be in favor of Getafe. Every chance was a missed attempt by some random Getafe player or a foul or yellow card for Athletic. Without having seen the game, I kind of automatically figured that they played a terrible game.

I cringe every time I even hear about San Jose playing CB and am well passed the point of disinterest when I see Iturraspe's name in the lineup as well. San Jose becomes a different player when he plays Itu's position.

Sucks having such a long lay off after such a seemingly terrible game. Luckily, as GT pointed out, everyone currently in the relegation zone lost.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
As usual we were lucky to get nil.

The sooner Bielsa goes the better...I wish him well next year but his time with us is mercifully over.

**** knows who is going to get our goals next year.

Might have to the old kit on again next season.

I am modest but am a great ****ing footballer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts