Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd gladly settle for a point..:)
Me too, but a win would be such a great step forward! :hopeful:

For the first time in a while I can watch a game live. Now on TV, in two weeks in the stadium in Elx :D :excited:.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starting XIs

El Valencia CF alineará a Alves; Joao Pereira, Senderos, Mathieu, Bernat; Keita, Parejo; Feghouli, Jonas, Fede; Alcacer.
En el banquillo V. Guaita; Ruben Vezo, Víctor Ruiz, Javi Fuego, E. Vargas, Michel, V. Araujo.

El Athletic Club alineará a Iraizoz; De Marcos, Gurpegi, Laporte, Balenziaga; Iturraspe, Mikel Rico, Herrera; Susaeta, Aduriz, Muniain.
En el banquillo estarán Iago Herrerin; Toquero, San José, Moran, Iraola, Ekiza, Guillermo.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
My goodness,what a miss from AA after 50 seconds...open goal from 6 yards but sent it a mile wide.

Good move though and positive start.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Very open game with both sides attacking...this isn't going to be 0-0!

Normally these sort of games suit us..lets see.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ander crashes one against the post from 20 yards...very unlucky.

Hope it ain't gonna be one of those nights.

Team playing excellently so far.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1-0 Valencia.

Clearly the crosser and scorer off side but we all stopped with our hands in the air...play to the whistle?..apparently not us.

Poor decision from the linesman.

We should have been 2-0 up.

Need to get one back by half time.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Another chance wasted.

Completely dominating but getting beaten.

Bad feeling about this one...can't fault the players though..creating plenty of chances.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Superb last ditch tackle from Laporte saves another Valencia shot on goal.

We really should have put this game to bed...not be chasing a leveller.

The final ball just lacking a bit of quality at the moment...not for the first time.

·
Registered
998 Posts
we may be losing at the moment but it's still great to see this team so strong at Mestalle...something unthinkable a few years back

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's only one team trying to attack and dominating. That same team had by far most chances but who're leading? Right, the team who scored a clear offside goal, how frustrating.

With that, Keita should've been off after elbowing Aduriz!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Iker had his shirt tugged but ran on and paly was waved on.

The ref failed to book the Valencia player retrospectively as per the UEFA directive.

They have gotten away with a couple of bad tackles...having said that,it is certainly not a dirty game...very entertaining actually.

Hopefully we can get something in the second half...obviously we have to prevent them getting a second and they have pace on the counter attack.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts