Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got some more space to breath at the bottom of the table but we're still far from safe. Just at this moment Valencia will bring its last visit to San Mamés, the current number 5 of the table.

ATHLETIC CLUB - VALENCIA CF

Dómingo 10/03/13 - 12:00
Bilbo (San Mamés)
Árbitro: Teixeira Vitienes II (Cantabria)

La Liga table
1. FC Barcelona 26 - 68
2. Atlético Madrid 26 - 57
3. Real Madrid 26 - 55
4. Málaga 26 - 43
5. Valencia 26 - 42
14. Athletic Club 26 - 29
17. Real Zaragoza 26 - 25
- - - - - - - - - -
18. Celta de Vigo 26 - 23
19. Real Mallorca 26 - 21
20. Deportivo la Coruña 26 - 17

Recent form: Athletic Club (last five matches)
02/03 - Osasuna - Athletic Club 0-1
22/02 - Athletic Club - Real Sociedad 1-3
16/02 - Málaga - Athletic Club 1-0
10/02 - Athletic Club - Espanyol 0-4
01/02 - Real Valladolid - Athletic Club 2-2

Recent form: Valencia CF (last five matches)
06/03 - Paris SG - Valencia 1-1 (CL)
02/03 - Levante - Valencia 2-2
23/02 - Real Zaragoza - Valencia 2-2
17/02 - Valencia - Real Mallorca 2-0
12/02 - Valencia - Paris SG 1-2 (CL)

Last five league meetings in Bilbo
(Overall: 77 games, 46 victories, 15 draws, 16 defeats)
18/03/2012 - Athletic Club - Valencia 0-3
27/02/2011 - Athletic Club - Valencia 1-2
06/12/2009 - Athletic Club - Valencia 1-2
18/01/2009 - Athletic Club - Valencia 3-2
20/04/2008 - Athletic Club - Valencia 5-1

Record with the referee (Teixeira Viteines II - 9 matches)
Won: 2 - (22,22%)
Drawn: 1 - (11,11%)
Defeats: 6 - (66,67%)

Player to watch out for
Mainly Soldado.

Conclusion
Valencia returned from a midweek game in Paris where they didn't play bad but still got knocked out of Europe because of their home defeat earlier on.
Despite Valencia aren't as great anymore as they once used to be, they're still a good side who come for three points to celebrate their San Mamés farewell match. Just look at the past three home meetings versus them and you'll know enough.
Valencia probably will be without Joao Pereira, more important is Ekiza is likely to return, that gives us some faith.

Finally forum members crowsus and Lucie are at this match, hopefully they'll bring some luck :).

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

My prediction: 3-2

To finish, a golden oldie, a match I attended :proud:. Back then Aduriz found the net against his future club, hopefully he'll find the net as well against his same previous club!

5zFqxRp4KCk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great work on these as always Knoert. I especially like your prediction. I think this one has the chance to be a 3-2 type game, hopefully our boys came out on top! We need some good luck from Lucie and crowsus!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
If we play sensibly blah blah...what the **** am I talking about!!..we only have one way to play FFS!

Deploy two holding midfielders and let us counter for once..they won't expect it and will revel,like last year,in the space we give them.

Bobby Soldado is probobly the most underrated striker in world football.

He bagged a hat trick last year in this fixture.

I'd be delighted with a point.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Joking aside,Ander is by far and away our best player and will be a big loss tmz.

I rate him as potentially one of the best mid fielders in Europe.

I worry about keeping him in the summer when the vultures circle.

I mentioned two weeks ago that we didn't want Mallorca going on a winning spree.....

We need something from this game.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Calm down tarquin, lol, just enjoy this victory.

Finally we've got some breathing space, very important and a bit unexpected victory.

A special thanks to our foreros crowsus and Lucie for bringing the team luck! :thmbup:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
True Knoert..we are getting a bit luck at the moment...how on earth did Soldado miss from 2 yards!

Still,great couple of results lately and we should be safe.

Well done Chelsea today getting a replay against the plastics.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I hate this season. When I am busy and can't watch the games, they pull decent results, and just when I think I've escaped, they pull me back and put me through a dreadful match

·
Registered
704 Posts
we suffered a lot throughout the second half, youre lucky to have missed out and just see the final result tbf
Im a huge propenent of posession footy, but one of my favorite things as a fan is watching a team defend properly/hang on for dear life as my team pulls a result at the end as a reward for watching

1 - 20 of 22 Posts