Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we ****ed up the previous Basque derby last week versus Erreala, it's time for revenge I think...

OSASUNA - ATHLETIC CLUB

Sábado 02/03/13 - 20:00
Iruñea / Pamplona (El Sadar)
Árbitro: Teixeira Vitienes (Cantabria)

La Liga table
1. FC Barcelona 25 - 68
2. Atlético Madrid 25 - 56
3. Real Madrid 25 - 52
4. Málaga 25 - 42
14. Osasuna 25 - 28
16. Athletic Club 25 - 26
17. Real Zaragoza 25 - 25
- - - - - - - - - -
18. Celta de Vigo 25 - 23
19. Real Mallorca 25 - 18
20. Deportivo la Coruña 25 - 16

Recent form: Osasuna (last five matches)
25/02 - Levante - Osasuna 0-2
16/02 - Osasuna - Real Zaragoza 1-0
09/02 - Real Mallorca - Osasuna 1-1
02/02 - Osasuna - Celta de Vigo 1-0
27/01 - FC Barcelona - Osasuna 5-1

Recent form: Athletic Club (last five matches)
22/02 - Athletic Club - Real Sociedad 1-3
16/02 - Málaga - Athletic Club 1-0
10/02 - Athletic Club - Espanyol 0-4
01/02 - Real Valladolid - Athletic Club 2-2
27/01 - Athletic Club - Atlético Madrid 3-0

Last five league meetings in Iruñea / Pamplona
(Overall: 35 games, 13 victories, 11 draws, 11 defeats)
11/03/2012 - Osasuna - Athletic Club 2-1
17/04/2011 - Osasuna - Athletic Club 1-2
26/04/2010 - Osasuna - Athletic Club 0-0
12/04/2009 - Osasuna - Athletic Club 2-1
20/01/2008 - Osasuna - Athletic Club 2-0

Record with the referee (Teixeira Viteines - 23 matches)
Won: 10 - (43,48%)
Drawn: 6 - (26,09%)
Defeats: 7 - (30,43%)

Player to watch out for
Kike Sola and / or Joseba Llorente up front.

Conclusion
Somehow Osasuna's season start is horrible over the past seasons, but still they manage to stay up quite easily in the end. This season seems to be a copy of the previous few seasons. They've been among the bottom three untill the winterbreak. Then out of four matches versus the bottom four teams, they gained ten points which brought them into this safe area.
Historically the statistics are in our advance, but recently we're not doing to well away versus our Navarran neighbours. Count with that their fanatic fans and the fact the team is in form, opposite to us. It's going to be a hot night, for sure...

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

My prediction: 1-2

To finish, have a look at this one, just for our self-confidence. It was in the Cathedral, but who gives a damn... this is what we need on Saturday night too, passion, heart and courage.

kLCQqxwtnWU

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great work, Knoert!

I agree with your prediction and actually, that video is one of the scenes that made me the Athletic fan I am today. I remember watching that a few times a day a few years ago. I still get goosebumps when I watch it to this day! Absolutely amazing atmosphere and passion from everyone involved.

We need that on Saturday despite it not being in San Mames!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Is Ekiza back? I completely disagree with your predictons. Why should we beat a team which is obviously playing their best football at this very moment?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is Ekiza back? I completely disagree with your predictons. Why should we beat a team which is obviously playing their best football at this very moment?
Because we're Athletic Club .. :fero:

Hm.. to be serious.. don't believe it either.. :(
It's just hope...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Nobody here? How boring..
HT now, 0:0... but I fear Osasuna will win this one, they are clearly the better side.. :(

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Sure I did.
And?

Edit:
I even watch matches of the third Division. So I know what I am talking about!
well,you can see even segunda B division match better than this and you can see segunda worse than this.
this is worse than segunda in my opinion,of course i don't watch every single segunda match.

·
Registered
947 Posts
well,you can see even segunda B division match better than this and you can see segunda worse than this.
this is worse than segunda in my opinion,of course i don't watch every single segunda match.
Oh, so you agree with me (somehow)? I thought you wanted to defend that way of Athletic-playing... sure, it is worse than German segunda (just my opinion).. but I think they would fit well into Spanish segunda.. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey folks

Well... at least we aren't losing, and at least we haven't used all our energy dominating possession and making chances that are not taken! Especially in an away game, I think I would prefer holding on to 0-0 rather than bossing the game and being behind.

Of course we need the 3 points never mind 1!!

...bloody hell that was close with Sola there

1 - 20 of 60 Posts