Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a bit more than an hour we visit or next Europa League rival. One month ago one would consider this an easy game, unfortunately for us the 'che' team have improved their performances a lot during the last weeks.

We miss Raúl García (5 yellows) appart from injured Williams, and long time injured Ibai Gómez.

With Inaki out and Aduriz playing every single minute in all competitions, one would think Viguera could count more, specially since he ain't doing bad the few minutes he's playing.

Some thought Borja could even play as starter today upfront, but he's not even in the list, list full of defenders. I guess that means that one of Aduriz or Sabin will start in the bench.

We'll see if somoene rests, we have another league game on Wednesday. Some as De Marcos, Laporte, Balenziaga, San José, Susaeta or Aduriz have some tickets to start in the bench today. This is my guess for the starting XI, although today is a bit difficult to guess it.

Probable XI

Gorka Iraizoz

Óscar de Marcos - Eneko Bóveda - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Mikel Rico - Benat Etxebarria

Inigo Lekue - Javi Eraso - Iker Muniain

Sabin Merino

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lineup confirmed, Valverde starts with:

Gorka Iraizoz

Eneko Bóveda - Xabi Etxeita - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Gorka Elustondo - Benat Etxebarria

Óscar de Marcos - Mikel Rico - Iker Muniain

Sabin Merino

Bench:
GK Iago Herrerin
DF Carlos Gurpegi
DF Inigo Lekue
MF Mikel San José
MF Markel Susaeta
MF Javi Eraso
FW Aritz Aduriz

Many changes, let's see how they respond. I'd play Eraso instead of Rico/Elustondo.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valencia:

Diego Alves, Cancelo, Mustafi, Santos, Gayà, Parejo, Enzo Pérez, André Gomes, Santi Mina, Cheryshev, Negredo

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
HT: Valencia 0-0 Athletic

Not the best match ever but it´s quite entertaining, at least watching Athletic play in a completely different way as usual. In the end its Muniain who is playing upfront and Sabin on the left, but truth is all the attacking players are switching positions constantly.

There have been a couple of good chansces for each team, Athletic´s best was an easy shot by Muniain after a good play with Sabin, Iker sent it out. Muniain and his shots.. :wallbang: quite similar miss to the one against L´OM. He MUST improve that. :mad:

Benat and Iker are participating a lot, and Im liking Balenziaga as usual in the last games. Appart from his usual good defending, lately Mikel has improved a lot in crosses and he has more confidence, today he sent Santi Mina to the supermarket outside the stadium with a top dribbling, :cool: I had never seen Mikel doing that.

Some nice details from De Marcos as well and decent pressure by Rico and Elustondo...but they create 0 football.

Well, if we stay playing this ordered, we will have our chances to win, specially with some 20 classy minutes from Aritz in the end.. ;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FT: Valencia 0-3 Athletic Club

0-1 Sabin Merino 72'
0-2 Iker Muniain 77'
0-3 Aritz Aduriz 80'

Valencia started better the second half, I was quite worried because it looked like we were gonna waste all the good work of the first half.

There were two key plays for Valencia, one penalty for handball by Etxeita the referee didn't see and one one-to-one that an awesome Gorka saved to Paco Alcácer, in a play were Balenziaga made his only mistake of the game, with the offside trap. That could have changed the game. We only created one good chance, with Alves making a great save to a nice shot by Sabin.

Valverde reacted with the entrance of San José instead of Elustondo and Aduriz instead of De Marcos and the game changed. We kept control of the game with the outstanding Sanjo-Benat-Rico association in midfield.

Athletic first warning came in a corner where Aduriz stopped -not wanting- a header from Etxeita, Parejo was clearly making penalty to Aritz btw. Then, a great play by Sanjo finished with Sabin's goal...and 10 minutes of crazyness to make the 0-3 from min72 to min80.

I think Athletic played a very solid game with a team full of subs, we played very well tactically and with intelligence. Valverde outplayed Neville tactically.

Nice to see Sabin gaining confidence and turning into an important player. Muniain back to score continuing his progression, second consecutive good performance for Iker after his game-change display in Europa League. I liked Rico's performance for the first time in a long time, and Benat leaded the team again after some games of doutbs.

Fantastic Gorka and the defence as a whole, mention Laporte and Balenziaga turning crazy every single attacker Neville put in front of him.

Great win and I hope this serves to scare Valencia for the Europa League eliminatory. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts