Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday March 7, 19:00
San Mamés stadium, Bilbao.

Some problems for Caparrós with the leftback position with both Koi and Castillo injured (doubt for Sunday), and their logical sub Xabi Galán getting injured in yesterday's friendly against Paraguay. Gabilondo? Gurpegi? Amorebieta?... we will see, hopefully everyone will recover.

It would be nice to win this game, I think it's the time we're closer to european positions before a home game.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
If we're serious about trying to make the european places we need to be winning our home games, especially ones like this.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the lineup Caparrós worked with yesterday:

Iraizoz

Iraola - San José - Amorebieta - Iñigo Pérez

Susaeta - Gurpegi - Javi Martínez - Gabilondo

Toquero - Llorente​

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
If we want to enter Europe again we have to win all our home games, but especially the ones versus teams who're below us in the table, and especially the lowest ones like Valladolid.

So I expect nothing less than three points here :stuckup:.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Doing well this season, hope you guys make it to the Europa League next season with a top 6 finish as I reckon you have a better side than Depor who are punching way above their weight. Should beat Valladolid at home and as much as I like my fellow Bosnian Medunjanin, they are a woeful side. Some nice names coming through, future looks very bright for Los Leones.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aurtenentxe played vs Bremen because Galán couldn't play due to his age and also because he was just going to have surgery in his shoulder and was going to pass a lot of time without playing, and Caparrós wanted to show him support that way, at least that's what he said. Anyway, he is still injured due to that shoulder injruy, something similar to what Aitor Ocio has.

Anyway, Castillo has recovered so he will play, these are the players called by Caparrós:

Iraizoz, Armando.
Iraola, San José, Amorebieta, Ustaritz, Castillo.
Orbaiz, Javi Martínez, Gurpegi, David López, Gabilondo, Susaeta, Iñigo Pérez.
Toquero, Llorente, Díaz de Cerio, Muniain.

Suspended: -
Injured: Koikili, Zubiaurre, Bóveda, Aitor Ocio, Ion Vélez.
Out: Muñoz, Iturraspe, Yeste, Etxeberria, De Marcos.

·
XA14
301 Posts
Slightly off topic, but about San Jose: What's the contract status on him? I remember reading there was a purchase clause on the loan, but doesn't his Liverpool contract also expire this summer?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slightly off topic, but about San Jose: What's the contract status on him? I remember reading there was a purchase clause on the loan, but doesn't his Liverpool contract also expire this summer?
No, he was renewed for 2 seasons before being loaned. It has appeared in different media sources (El Correo, ETB, AS) in the last days that Athletic will announce 2 agreements in the following days.

The first, Caparrós renewal for one more season, until June 2011, just when the elections take place.

The second, the signing of Mikel San José for 5 seasons, until June 2015. According to these sources there is already agreement with Mikel so Athletic would only need to execute the buyingpurchase option. What happens is that purchase option (it's not fix, but count around 3 million Euros) says Athletic has to pay those 3 millions in different payments over some time. Athletic is negotiating with Liverpool to pay less (around 2.5) and pay now.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
I think it expires next season.

So Yeste is out again, have something happend between him and Caparros?
He hasn't been involved since the disaster in Brussels. Sure, he didn't have a good game but noone did, there seems to be something else to this that we don't know.

I'm also a little surprised/disappointed De Marcos hasn't been called for this game either :thmbdown:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Yeste is out again, have something happend between him and Caparros?
It seems so, something must have happened in Brussels.. it may also have to do with his renewal, Fran is asking more or less what he earns now, Athletic offers him half of it.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Dammit, you beat me to it re: San Jose :D

I think that's good news about Caparros. He had done wonders since taking over but I still sometimes have some (small) doubts about him.

It's not too surprising that Iturraspe is not called now that Orbaiz is back but I would have though de Marcos should be ahead of Iñigo Pérez.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Iñigo Pérez has been called as sub leftback more due to Castillo's physicall problems than as midfielder/winger.

The ones who have taken De Marcos place are one of David López/Gabilondo as wingers, and De Cerio as forward.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Fair enough then. I still say De Marcos should still be in the squad, but if we win tomorrow all will be forgotten :D

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I agree, he started very well the season, then after that U-20 WC his level decreased but he is back to his best form, he deserves to be in the squad. Gabilondo is in his two good months of every season and De Cerio scored on Wednesday and we need him to get some form. Probably Oscar should have been called instead of David López, but David has also improved lately.. and he can play in many positions. Well, the competition is always good. :)

Iturraspe should have been called instead of Orbaiz probably. He was improving lately with minutes and now he is suddenly kicked out. We need to start finding Pablo's subtitute for the future.

Tomorrow we will see if it's true what has been seen in trainings, that Gurpe won't play as winger. :eek: Let's see if Susaeta rapes Del Horno.;):D (If someone still doesn't know it, Asier was loaned in January to Valladolid).

·
Registered
736 Posts
Iturraspe should have been called instead of Orbaiz probably. He was improving lately with minutes and now he is suddenly kicked out. We need to start finding Pablo's subtitute for the future.
Especially if we sell Martínez...
Well, I guess Caparros and Iturraspe see that he will get more and more chances... He still has time

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Confirmed lineup:

Iraizoz; Iraola, San José, Amorebieta, Castillo; Susaeta, Javi Martínez, Orbaiz, Gabilondo; Toquero, Llorente.

Bench: Armando, Ustaritz, Iñigo Pérez, Gurpegi, David López, Muniain, Díaz de Cerio.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts