1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Villarreal vs Celta: Saturday @ 10pm
Athletic vs Espanyol: Sunday @ 7pm
Málaga vs Real Sociedad: Monday @ 10pm

Let's make positive the draw against Celta by beating Espanyol! Always a hard team, it's this kind of teams I always think will bet @ the top of the standings but then struggle.

Iturraspe is out suspended, and that leaves one empty place in Valverde's starting -and untouchable except RB position- lineup...hence the poll.

Toquero and Beñat are probably out as well.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I voted for "Ander Herrera: moving Muniain to the center and entering Ibai on the left"... but I would not mind seeing San Jose on that position as well.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Iturraspe would be missed more if this was an away game.

I like the San José option since he is always a threat at set pieces.Given the width we play with we should win a few corners as usual.

If it doesn't work we can always change and have multiple options as listed above.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Morán has been formed during many year to play this particular role. If he doesn't play when Iturraspe is absent...what is he doing in the first team?

Valverde said today Erik or Mikel will play.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Voted other. As much as I'd love to see Ibai from start, Ithink best option would be moving Gurpegi to Itu's slot and entering Ekiza at the back.

San José is an amazing header, but has so many weaknesses (lack of concentration might be one of the most obvious) I'm not sure I fancy him in a starting eleven at all... :/

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That game showed us the merit of getting a point last weekend in Balaidos, Celta is in very good shape. Sad about the smoke bomb, watched the game in a Celta fanatics bar in madrid, really fun. Forza Celta!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probable XI and players called (19):

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Carlos Gurpegi - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Erik Morán - Mikel Rico

Markel Susaeta - Ander Herrera - Iker Muniain

Aritz Aduriz

Bench:

GK Iago Herrerin
DF Borja Ekiza
DF Xabi Etxeita
DF Mikel San José
DF Enric Saborit
MF Óscar de Marcos
FW Ibai Gómez
FW Kike Sola

Suspended: Ander Iturraspe
Injured: Beñat Etxebarria, Gaizka Toquero
Out: Unai Albizua

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Starts in 40 minutes. Great opportunity to increase the gap after Villarreal's loose yesterday. San José plays with Rico and Ibai enters instead of Muniain.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I just arrived home, 1-0 down already, not the first time that we need a come back, We are more than capable of turning the results, so no worries.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Yee could be another valladolid game...late goals in final 20 mins. Espanyol more solid than valladolid tho. They did concede 2 late goals away at betis recently so id be surprised if they kept a clean sheet. Bilbao scored 20 out of 28 home goals in second half as well

1 - 20 of 58 Posts