4. Málaga 21 - 35
10. Real Valladolid 21 - 28
13. Athletic Club 21 - 25
17. Granada 21 - 20
- - - - - - - - - -
18. Osasuna 21 - 18
19. Real Mallorca 21 - 17
20. Deportivo la Coruña 21 - 16

Recent form: Real Valladolid (last five matches)
26/01 - Levante - Real Valladolid 2-1
20/01 - Real Valladolid - Real Zaragoza 2-0
13/01 - Real Valladolid - Real Mallorca 3-1
06/01 - Celta de Vigo - Real Valladolid 3-1
22/12 - Real Valladolid - FC Barcelona 1-3

Recent form: Athletic Club (last five matches)
27/01 - Athletic Club - Atlético Madrid 3-0
21/01 - Real Betis - Athletic Club 1-1
11/01 - Athletic Club - Rayo Vallecano 1-2
05/01 - Levante - Athletic Club 3-1
22/12 - Athletic Club - Real Zaragoza 0-2

Last five league meetings in Valladolid
(Overall: 40 games, 7 victories, 13 draws, 20 defeats)
04/10/2009 - Real Valladolid - Athletic Club 2-2
08/02/2009 - Real Valladolid - Athletic Club 2-1
21/10/2007 - Real Valladolid - Athletic Club 1-2
26/10/2003 - Real Valladolid - Athletic Club 2-1
15/12/2002 - Real Valladolid - Athletic Club 2-0

Record with the referee (Estrada Fernández - 10 matches)
Won: 5 - (50,00%)
Drawn: 1 - (10,00%)
Defeats: 4 - (40,00%)

Team news
Athletic Club:
Players called:
Iraizoz, Toquero, Aurtenetxe, Laporte, Amorebieta, San José, Iturraspe, De Marcos, Ibai, Raúl, Susaeta, Iraola, Gurpegi, Muniain, Aduriz, Ander Herrera, Igor Martínez y Ramalho.

Player to watch out for
Javi Guerra probably.

Conclusion
I'm pretty early with the match thread, but that's because we'll already play tomorrow night to kick off the 22nd round of La Liga.
Pucela awaits us for our closest away game outside the Basque Country. Over the last two matches we've seen a kind of turning point, at least, that's what we all hope. Versus Betis we played well and versus Atlético we could convert the same good football into a result. Case it is to continue that way.
However, I expect it will be difficult as we got both versus Betis and Atlético enough space to play our football. Against Valladolid that won't be the same.
Traditionally many fans will follow Athletic to Valladolid. All thousand guest-tickets have been sold and many will cheer from the homestand, despite this match is being played on a Friday evening. Let's hope it will help the players and the crowd will cheer them to victory.
During our last victory in Valladolid, Aduriz scored twice, hopefully he'll do that again. This season in Bilbao we've beaten them 2-0.

My prediction: 1-2

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Tough one Knoert.

I'd like to see us be combative in the middle and less gung ho.

I love us atacking through the middle,as I have been saying for weeks,and it has been successful.

Less possession and more penetration...lets put the onus on the home side to keep the ball and profit from their errors..which will come.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be satisfied with a point too, but I feel we can go for three points too, it's not impossible, we've simply got more quality than Pucela.

Wonder btw about their two fangroups. The left-wing 'Fossa Garrafoni' are always very nice towards us while the other nationalist fan group in the other corner of their stadium only carries Spanish (Franco) flags and sings against us...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Wonder how many will be there Knoert.

Getafe's stadium is like a ghost town for their home games.

No doubt if we play like we have done in our last two games we have every chamce of getting something from this.

I'm very concerned about the Centre Half partnership tonight...more than concerned actually...it will define the game for us.

Any news on the Ekiza injury?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
As I suspected the central "defenders" went missing.

Free header from 12 yards out after giving the ball away.

****ing joke.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Gol!...least we have something to aim at now...draw would be unreal after that start but can't see them not scoring with our back line.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
not only this season,but usually i guess this is not an easy place,i remember 2-2 some years ago in this stadium in which exeita or someone sent off,Llorente went to hospital and Munian scored his first goal to become youngest scorer in la liga

1 - 20 of 56 Posts