Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
I watched all of the match but I didn't find a thread on here, so I didn't post.
The thing is... I think Athletic really improved in the second half when we substituted Unai Lopez for Susaeta. Don't know if that was the reason for a better play ... but well.
Aduriz scored twice and we created chances during the flow of the match (wasn't able to watch the Copa match, but I read on here that Athletic had created chances there as well).

·
Registered
951 Posts
FT: Levante 0-2 Athletic Club

This was the starting lineup (bold means played well):

Iraizoz

Iraola - Gurpegi - Laporte - Balenziaga

Iturraspe - Mikel Rico

Unai Lopez - De Marcos - Muniain

Aduriz

Here are the highlights:

WXZUxlQl8Rg

De Marcos at media punta again, and guess what? We score two goals, and the second was a beautiful low cross from him that Aduriz took off one touch, turned and blasted through the net.

That puts the total at 9 goals in 4 games when Óscar is in the central attacking midfield spot. Leave him there in the middle!!!

vs. BATE Borisov (Champions League): 2 goals
at Celta Vigo (Copa): 4 goals
vs. Málaga (Copa): 1 goal
at Levante (Liga): 2 goals

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I didn't see the game,was freezing my toys off in Krakow this weekend.

A couple of quality finishes from AA but we looked awful at the back from the highlights posted against the lowest scorers in the league.

Gorka was immense again and yet again I have no problem stating he is the best goalie in La Liga.

Crucial 3 points for us and lets hope we can keep the momentum going...as long as we keep clean sheets,we don't have to be so prolific in front of goal.

It's a case of scraping what we can now fromn a very disappointing first half of the season.

Main priority now is winning the Copa semi and getting Europa league football guaranteed if we do that.

Onwards and upwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts