DF Carlos Gurpegi
MF Ander Iturraspe
MF Beñat Etxebarria
FW Ibai Gómez
FW Iñaki Williams

·
Registered
947 Posts
Villarreal veeery dangerous! They create a lot chances and Athletic's defense suffers a lot.
And Athletic up front? Just as usual, useless crossings that lead to nowhere...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
We controlled the first 15 minutes and had two super chances in that half and two poor misses,both from inside 8 yards.

What an awful goal to give away on the cusp of half time..long ball over the top but a fine finish to be fair.

We are going to have to push in the second half and they are a lethal counter attacking side.

We have showed a lot of spirit and some good play so no need to go chasing the game until the last 15 mins.

If we go all out too early we could concede a second,or more,and that will be game over.

The performance has been much better than recent efforts but I just can't see us scoring.

Hope I'm wrong!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Same to you. You are truely getting on my nervs and as far as I am concerned, I am not the only one who is bothered by you with your offending way of commenting.

·
Registered
947 Posts
We controlled the first 15 minutes and had two super chances in that half and two poor misses,both from inside 8 yards.

What an awful goal to give away on the cusp of half time..long ball over the top but a fine finish to be fair.

We are going to have to push in the second half and they are a lethal counter attacking side.

We have showed a lot of spirit and some good play so no need to go chasing the game until the last 15 mins.

If we go all out too early we could concede a second,or more,and that will be game over.

The performance has been much better than recent efforts but I just can't see us scoring.

Hope I'm wrong!
So you don't agree on our poor defending?
We really looked shocking when Villarreal made it (easily) to our box I think.. and we lost the ball in the midfield way too often...

·
Registered
947 Posts
8:2 corners... uffs! Goal by Utche (or however he is spelled...) but the goal doesn't count because it was clearly offside. But we are lucky that the ref did see it as well.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Got lucky there...Uche marginally offside at that corner kick but completely unmarked.

Not sure if we are zonal or man marking and I don't think the players do either.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
So you don't agree on our poor defending?
We really looked shocking when Villarreal made it (easily) to our box I think.. and we lost the ball in the midfield way too often...
No...the defending is poor and the performance far from convincing from a "Champions League" team.

Contextually,the first half represented an improvement on recent efforts.

They are a good side as well which has to be taken into consideration.

Still a long journey to even get near last years form.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Final 15...I actually think we are going to score...Williams to have an impact.

..I have been drinking since 5 o'clock mind you...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That is a very soft penalty,very ****ing soft.

Completely accidental and the ball was rolling out of play without any of their players having control of it.

Unlucky but all down to interpretation.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Anyway that's 1 point out of 18 which simply isn't good enough.

We haven't scored for 3 games and have netted only 2 goals in the last 9 hours of la liga football.

Our current form is the worst in the division.

Time for change.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts