3. Real Madrid 16 - 33
12. Athletic Club 16 - 21
14. Real Zaragoza 16 - 19
17. Osasuna 16 - 14
- - - - - - - - - -
18. Granada 16 - 13
19. Real Mallorca 16 - 13
20. Deportivo la Coruña 17 - 12

Recent form: Athletic Club (last five matches)
15/12 - Real Mallorca - Athletic Club 0-1
12/12 - Athletic Club - SD Eibar 1-1 (Copa)
09/12 - Athletic Club - Celta de Vigo 1-0
06/12 - Athletic Club - Sparta Praha 0-0 (Europa League)
01/12 - FC Barcelona - Athletic Club 5-1

Recent form: Real Zaragoza (last five matches)
16/12 - Real Zaragoza - Levante 0-1
13/12 - Levante - Real Zaragoza 0-1 (Copa)
10/12 - Rayo Vallecano - Real Zaragoza 0-2
02/12 - Real Mallorca - Real Zaragoza 1-1
29/11 - Granada - Real Zaragoza2-1 (Copa)

Last five meetings in San Mamés (Overall: 57 games, 40 victories, 12 draws, 5 defeats)
17/12/2011 - Athletic Club - Real Zaragoza 2-1
17/10/2010 - Athletic Club - Real Zaragoza 2-1
18/04/2010 - Athletic Club - Real Zaragoza 0-0
15/09/2007 - Athletic Club - Real Zaragoza 1-1
19/12/2006 - Athletic Club - Real Zaragoza 0-0

Record with the referee (Mateu Lahoz - 16 matches)
Won: 3 - (18,75%)
Drawn: 4 (25,00%)
Defeats: 9 (56,25%)

Team news
Athletic Club:
Iraizoz, Toquero, Aurtenetxe, San José, Llorente, De Marcos, Ibai, Raúl, Iraola, Gurpegi, Muniain, Aduriz, Ander Herrera, Castillo, Ekiza, Igor Martínez, Ramalho y Laporte

Real Zaragoza:
Roberto, Leo Franco, Movilla, Paredes, Álvaro, Edu Oriol, Hélder Postiga, Apoño, Montañés, Romaric, José Mari, Loovens, Stefan, Sapunaru, Zuculini, Abraham, Javi Álamo y Víctor

Player to watch out for
Don't know them really well, but I believe Zuculini and Hélder Postiga are among their better players.

Conclusion
They're not far from us in the league, if we beat them we can take an important step forward. At home we're historically seen superior to them. Said that, so far in the league they gained more points in away matches than home matches, so we should definitely not take it easy.

My prediction: 2-1

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

·
Registered
947 Posts
fine... now the rest of the year is a total piece of sh.. for me..
They don't play that good as well. Zaragoza is the better side.. :(

·
Registered
736 Posts
Was just about to write that we create no chances, but then de Marcos hit the bar. Don't see us able to score tonight; maybe a useless goal in overtime in the second half...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It's not exactly rare to see the current Zaragoza team play like real pigs. If we sink to their level we'll have half the team suspended next match, otherwise that would have been the best thing to do.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well played Zaragoza.

Pressed high and since we aren't permitted by the coach to play long balls we get dispossessed in our own half or the midfield have to come ddep to receive the ball leaving offensive play impossible.

This performance is embarrassing...no pace,no passing no movement,multiple players going for the same ball.We have gotten very lucky in our last two wins so this isn't a surprise.

This system isn't working and hasn't been for a long time but there seems a total intransigence to admit that it doesn't ****ing work and we can't defend when playing with the ball or without it.

This was a chance to really put daylight between ourselves and the bottom but no.

I'm ****ing tired of this shite week after week with failings being ignored and performances getting worse.

We are long past time for a change.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Feeling sorry for Bielsa, what can he do when we concede goals like tonight?
Thats about as stupid a statement as you've posted and that really is saying something

How about coaching the defenders ffs!!!..stop playing stupid little ****ing triangles in our box,playing short passes to players with their back to the oppositon and preventing the players roaming out of position,not marking opponents and all jumping for the same ball

Thats all...no,not the coaches fault that we have conceded 34 goals..I blame the ****ing man on the moon..

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well played Zaragoza.

Pressed high and since we aren't permitted by the coach to play long balls we get dispossessed in our own half or the midfield have to come ddep to receive the ball leaving offensive play impossible.

This performance is embarrassing...no pace,no passing no movement,multiple players going for the same ball.We have gotten very lucky in our last two wins so this isn't a surprise.

This system isn't working and hasn't been for a long time but there seems a total intransigence to admit that it doesn't ****ing work and we can't defend when playing with the ball or without it.

This was a chance to really put daylight between ourselves and the bottom but no.

I'm ****ing tired of this shite week after week with failings being ignored and performances getting worse.

We are long past time for a change.
Whats strange is that exactly the same system WORKED VERRY WELL last year and took us to 2 cup finals right? Something is wrong though thats celar, dont know if its Bielsa, Martinez, llorente or some other shit. one thing i clear though... this is not the same players as last year...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Thats about as stupid a statement as you've posted and that really is saying something

How about coaching the defenders ffs!!!..stop playing stupid little ****ing triangles in our box,playing short passes to players with their back to the oppositon and preventing the players roaming out of position,not marking opponents and all jumping for the same ball

Thats all...no,not the coaches fault that we have conceded 34 goals..I blame the ****ing man on the moon..
So telll me stupid, how he can "coach" tonights misstakes?

You so full of shit it makes me sick every time i see you in this forum!

Oh yeahhhh bring Caparros back... thats how it should be done!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The coach carries the can for the performances.

He has to go or start realising that a change of tactic is needed..teams have worked out how to negate the style of play (press high and fllod the midfield) which has not evolved in the least.

We don't adapt our style to suit the opposition and Bielsa seems incapable of changing tactics during a game...he will only play one way and that patently isn't working.

·
Registered
736 Posts
By the way, anyone seen Llorente after he left the bench after 30 minutes?
Totally ridicooulos yellow card to Herrera for diving.

At least we are playing better in the second half, but it won't be enough

1 - 20 of 46 Posts