DF Jon Aurtenetxe
DF Andoni Iraola
MF Erik Morán
FW Ibai Gómez
FW Borja Viguera

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Benat had a good game...not perfect but he played some fine passes and had an assist and a goal.

We defended too deep in the second half after dominating the first and what a finish we set up!..Jesus!!

Still too much overplaying at the back and giving away possession far too easily.

Disappointing to concede late,like last weekend,but a valuable 3 points and we are climbing up the table despite not being at our best.

Another two set piece goals.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I see Ander got some game time for manu due to an injury to Di Maria.

Before today he had appeared 5 times and started only 2 twice and would appear to be on his way to Germany in January.

What is clear is that is behind Carrick,Fletcher,Fellani in the pecking order.

Maybe not such a "dream move" afterall....

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beñat looks like a complete different player indeed, it was his best game with Athletic's shirt on. Iturraspe has also improved a lot in the last month or so (it was not too difficult..) I keep on saying San José would be the best back-up for Aduriz....:D Still, hope this late conceeded goals don't turn into a tradition. :groan:

Balenziaga is suspended for the next game, the only player who had played every single minute. Obvious choice is Aurtenetxe, he should have a chance to get some playing time this tuesday in the cup although who knows...Valverde might just stick to his favourites and put Iraola on the right and De Marcos on the left.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW, San José has played two good games this week, and not only for the goals. Who do you prefer partnering Laporte? Etxeita or Sanjo? I think given the good shape of those 3 Gurpe will play most of his minutes as midfielder this season.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I much prefer Etxeita at CH.

SJ always looks vulnerable defending although he does chip with a few goals.

I suppose Etxeita did score a crucial winner in Almeria.

I actually like SJ as a midfielder or a third CH if we ever played that formation...even a right back if pushed.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Beñat looks like a complete different player indeed, it was his best game with Athletic's shirt on. Iturraspe has also improved a lot in the last month or so (it was not too difficult..) I keep on saying San José would be the best back-up for Aduriz....:D Still, hope this late conceeded goals don't turn into a tradition. :groan:

Balenziaga is suspended for the next game, the only player who had played every single minute. Obvious choice is Aurtenetxe, he should have a chance to get some playing time this tuesday in the cup although who knows...Valverde might just stick to his favourites and put Iraola on the right and De Marcos on the left.
Late goals are indeed frustrating.

Last season we had the best defence in the division from minute 75-90.

·
Registered
951 Posts
BTW, San José has played two good games this week, and not only for the goals. Who do you prefer partnering Laporte? Etxeita or Sanjo? I think given the good shape of those 3 Gurpe will play most of his minutes as midfielder this season.
Etxeita. With San Jose's play of late we can move him back to his original position of left back with Balenziaga out.

I do maintain that De Marcos would be a much better right winger than a right back with his speed and ability to get by defenders in the box.

And of course, bench Susaeta. Even Beñat has supplanted him in the role of taking free kicks, so what does Markel contribute now? Maybe he would better be served coming off the bench and giving all he has in a substitute role so he doesn't have to worry about conserving energy over 90 minutes.

On a side note, what's up with Ibai? Any updates? I know he came in late against Getafe but he doesn't look anywhere near 100 percent.

Iraizoz

De Marcos - Etxeita - Laporte - San José

Iturraspe - Mikel Rico

Unai López - Beñat - Muniain

Aduriz​

BENCH: Herrerín, Iraola, Gurpegi, Morán, Susaeta, Ibai, Viguera

1 - 16 of 16 Posts