Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Please change the title of the thread, no matter what, Real a big team, no need for this kind of name calling! :)

Can't wait to see this much! Hope to at least a decent perfornance!
Game at 21:00 GMT, pretty late for here, but nonetheless, I hope streams won'd dissapoint me!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please change the title of the thread, no matter what, Real a big team, no need for this kind of name calling! :)

Can't wait to see this much! Hope to at least a decent perfornance!
Game at 21:00 GMT, pretty late for here, but nonetheless, I hope streams won'd dissapoint me!
if you don't mind spending a little money,you can use bet365 streaming.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
lol Man U whore showing more hatred than proper Athletic fans. Didn't see this passion when Athletic played against your team.. .oh, and no imagination..

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lol Man U whore showing more hatred than proper Athletic fans. Didn't see this passion when Athletic played against your team.. .oh, and no imagination..
madrid parasite,that team is the worst team,bunch of immoral players,no matter if they finish top or whatever,i never gonna like immoral and corrupt players like clown 7,peppe,ramos,di maria,marcelo,... ,you like it or not ,it is your problem.

·
Registered
947 Posts
El Siete:
And Real Madrid fans? Are they all nice to Athletic and its fans?

No, I would not call your club "fake madrid", I am not that kind. But I am pretty sure, there are a lot of Real fans who talk nasty about Athletic.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Change the game thread, there's no need for that..:)

To the absences of suspended Óscar de Marcos and Ander Herrera ( :rolleyes: ) we have to add Fernando Amorebieta, who returned injured from Venezuela's loss against Nigeria. He is in the list but Bielsa said most probably he won't play.

In addition, Iñigo Pérez, whowas the man in charge of covering Herrera's position looking at trainings...is injured too. :(

All in, seems like we are playing with this:

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Mikel San José - Borja Ekiza - Jon Aurtenetxe

Carlos Gurpegi

Markel Susaeta - Ander Iturraspe - Iker Muniain - Ibai Gómez

Aritz Aduriz​

Bench:
GK Raúl Fernández
DF Jonás Ramalho
DF Xabi Castillo
DF Fernando Amorebieta
FW Ismael López
FW Igor Martínez
FW Gaizka Toquero
FW Fernando Llorente

Suspended: Óscar de Marcos, Ander Herrera
Injured: Fernando Amorebieta, Iñigo Pérez, Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta

That is the lineup Bielsa trained with yesterday. Don't like much the idea of Mikel there, still, if there is a chance for him to take a step forward as CB...has to be today.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What worried me most was the scenario that Isma López was going to start, might be to early to judge but I think he's the weakest link in the 20 players only available for the first team, big lack of inspiration, speed and confidence. He's got a decent foot but he hasn't taken his chances. The only reason he got so many in the beginning was due to the injuries and the incredible fact that he was the only offensive left footed player in the squad (without Iñigo).

Wouldn't be surprised if San José and Gurpe exchange positions after the first or second goal is conceded on San Josés watch, but he's playing next to Borja so who knows.:) Gurpegi is the second best option for the CB position if Amore isn't fit and if that is the case Ramalho should be the fifth option for CB, he is not ready for this game.

I was hoping for a different formation in this match, at least a 4-2-3-1 with the two playmakers missing - a tighter wall behind the playmaker position. Iker is exhausted and it's taken it's toll on his footwork. He could probably have managed the Herrera role if he was 100% fit but he's going to be too slow in turning around, lack the technique he actually inhibits and won't be able to pass secure one touches.

The first time I believe Iturraspe is used in a different position than the DM by Bielsa, he is probably too slow as well and the link-up with Muniain probably won't work but who knows we haven't seen him in this position before.

Igor Martínez is the offensive player I'd like to see enter for one of the front-five not performing unless Aduriz has a bad day and we have any chance of collecting a point in that case we probably should play long balls at Llorente with so much technical competence missing. Raúl, Castillo, Amore, Igor, Toquero and Llorente is still quite good options on a bench considering we have 5 players missing.

Luckily the current Real is out of form and lacking a good morale it seems.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I'd play with Toquero instead of San José. Gurpe to defense, Itu to his place and Toquero occupying De Marcos' place, he's the most 'similar' player to Óscar. Iturraspe's pressure to Madrid defenders = 0.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Games Played -Total Games (Starter)-

01. Ander Iturraspe 19(19)
--. Markel Susaeta 19(19)
03. Óscar de Marcos 19(18)
04. Andoni Iraola 18(18)
05. Carlos Gurpegi 17(17)
06. Iker Muniain 17(13)
07. Gorka Iraizoz 16(16)
08. Aritz Aduriz 16(14)
09. Ibai Gómez 16(7)
10. Ismael López 14(10)
11. Fernando Llorente 13(1)
12. Mikel San José 12(5)
13. Fernando Amorebieta 10(10)
14. Ander Herrera 9(8)
15. Iñigo Pérez 8(7)
16. Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta 8(1)
17. Xabi Castillo 7(6)
--. Jon Aurtenetxe 7(6)
19. Gaizka Toquero 7(5)
20. Borja Ekiza 6(5)
21. Raúl Fernández 3(3)
22. Jonás Ramalho 2(1)
23. Igor Martínez 1(0)

Goals scored

01. Aritz Aduriz 11 goals
02. Markel Susaeta 6
03. Mikel San José 4
04. Óscar de Marcos 3
05. Ismael López 2
06. Iker Muniain 1
--. Iñigo Pérez 1
--. Andoni Iraola 1
--. Gaizka Toquero 1
--. Igor Martínez 1
--. Fernado Llorente 1
--. Ibai Gómez 1
--. Ander Herrera 1

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why are you guys mostly hopeless?
nothing is impossible,just watched psg-rennes and rennes won with 9 men,first red after 25 minutes and second red in 52 minute,yeah,psg had their chaces,but what counts is goal,they lost at home,why can't we produce a win against this team???
We must learn from rennes' mentality.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Gurpegi should be CB today I think even his critics will agree on that especially considering his partnership with Ekiza, not anywhere near flawless so far but still the safest we've had this season.

If we have to play this formation that is true but Toquero against Real Madrid in form or out of form is only a threat as a substitute when legs are tired in my opinion especially when he has the ball, he would lose it too many times.

For Iturraspe to work offensively I believe he needs to use his physical strength and we all know what will happen if a Real player falls to the ground.

Iraola - Gurpegi - Ekiza - Aurtenetxe
Iturraspe - San José
Susaeta - Muniain - Ibai
Aduriz​

When the defense needs to tighten up (not counting Amorebieta) add Castillo, push Aurtene to the middle, in with Igor for the most tired offensive midfielder and maybe Llorente to stretch Real if we need to keep the score the way it is. If we're hunting an equalizer take on Gaizka and Llorente and play more Caparros-like football.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
GT84 I'd use Toquero instead of one of the Susaeta-Muniain-Ibai (preferably Ibai), so he can give some help to Aurtenetxe as well, as I find him the 2nd weakest link in our defense. I like your idea of using a LB as a winger in matches like this one, pity Bielsa doesn't believe in Castillo.

Most important not to concede an early goal, that will shatter any hope.

(I have bet365 but the window is tiny)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Manutd we're missing the most creative midfielder, Ander, the most hardworking midfielder, Óscar, the most suited substitute for the creative midfield playmaker position Iñigo Pérez and also what would have been his substitute Galarreta. Ekiza comes straight back from an injury, San José is starting as CB, Aurtenetxe still hasn't found his form, so three defenders are not what we can consider certain. Ibai has been out of form so the left side is doubtful. Iker is depressed.

The only positive aspects I can think about are despite the fact that Susaeta hasn't exactly been shining he might have gotten his desperately needed confidence boost after his debut cap and goal. Gorka was brilliant last game. Aduriz is Aduriz and Iraola is Iraola. The best part of the situation is that Real won't be able to see exactly how we will play by any chance which they might have done if everone had been fit and unsuspended.

Last season the "awakening" imo was against Barca at home, the players got the result of hard work, full focus, rapid movement and tight man marking on every player in black and white and we should have won that game with a fair ref. The aspects today are utterly different though but Bielsa did brilliantly in some of the most difficult matches last season. Stay optimistic. ;)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
GT84 I'd use Toquero instead of one of the Susaeta-Muniain-Ibai (preferably Ibai), so he can give some help to Aurtenetxe as well, as I find him the 2nd weakest link in our defense. I like your idea of using a LB as a winger in matches like this one, pity Bielsa doesn't believe in Castillo.

Most important not to concede an early goal, that will shatter any hope.

(I have bet365 but the window is tiny)
I agree with Toquero on paper and his historic performances but this season he has been a wood-leg whenever he's had the ball and he's lost it so many times you can't even dream of estimating it, the point is we don't have any idea of what we would get, especially in a more defensive role. I agree with you though that Ibai is almost only offensive oriented and doesn't help out much for Aurtenetxe.

Mourinho once said about right back Paulo Ferreira that he will never be the best player on the pitch but will always score 7 out of 10. This season Castillo has shown some tendencies to become a Ferreira I think. He still missed over a year of football and when the team has been playing bad he's been playing bad. He works hard and well offensively many times, defensively he needs some help but with 3-4 in form defenders by his side he would do well.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
With San José in the lineup I hope he scores and defends set pieces, hope we don't see again something as stupid as watching Iraola marking Pepe or Ramos in a corner...

·
Registered
947 Posts
I must confess.. I am pretty much scared of this match, I hope that Athletic won't lose too high...

The other night I had a dream Athletic would play 0:0 in Madrid.. and I was so proud of it. But has there ever been a game in Madrid with zero goals? I guess not. :D :(

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
All in, seems like we are playing with this:

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Mikel San José - Borja Ekiza - Jon Aurtenetxe

Carlos Gurpegi

Markel Susaeta - Ander Iturraspe - Iker Muniain - Ibai Gómez

Aritz Aduriz​

Bench:
GK Raúl Fernández
DF Jonás Ramalho
DF Xabi Castillo
DF Fernando Amorebieta
FW Ismael López
FW Igor Martínez
FW Gaizka Toquero
FW Fernando Llorente

Suspended: Óscar de Marcos, Ander Herrera
Injured: Fernando Amorebieta, Iñigo Pérez, Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta
Confirmed lineup, Fernando Amorebieta is the players left out.

Madrid plays with: Casillas; Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Alonso, Modric; Callejón, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I must confess.. I am pretty much scared of this match, I hope that Athletic won't lose too high...

The other night I had a dream Athletic would play 0:0 in Madrid.. and I was so proud of it. But has there ever been a game in Madrid with zero goals? I guess not. :D :(
proud of 0-0?:moan:
I don't know what to say to you guys,reading your comments so oftenly nothing but frustrating.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts