Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Mikel San José got injured, sprained ankle. Balenziaga will most probably miss this game against his former team due to injury. As you know Aduriz is suspended. So we are basically missing 3 -theoretical- starters.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probable XI:

Iago Herrerín

Andoni Iraola - Carlos Gurpegi - Borja Ekiza - Mikel Balenziaga

Ander Iturraspe - Beñat Etxebarria

Markel Susaeta - Ander Herrera - Iker Muniain

Gaizka Toquero

Balenziaga has recovered. According to DEIA Iago is playing 100%. Substitute of San José will be Ekiza as Laporte still has not trained for a decent period of time due to all his NT representations. Toquero/Sola is the main doubt although seems like Gaizka is doing the exercises with the starters.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
What's up with Aduriz? Also always would have expected Sola to start instead of Toquero, or isn't Sola 100% fit?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Aduriz is suspended and apparently Sola has not convinced Valverde he's the guy for the spot when Aduriz is out.

But I guess we'll see who plays up front...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Ok didn't know Aritz is suspended. Normally I'd rate Sola higher than Toquero but fair play to him, I guess anyone likes to see him play :D.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sola has been underperforming during the pre-season. He lacks a lot of movement, something Valverde is quite fond of. Still, he possesses a quality that only two players currently in the first team do, finishing.

Sola needs motivation. He's never been a runner and shouldn't drain his energy which could effect his finishing after a certain point in the match, but he can add some explosiveness to his game. He's the second most likely player to score at the club and can also be used as a target despite not being as tall as Llorente.

Toquero has a good foot, he's proven it countless time through his crosses. He just needs more concentration and practising on how to strike the ball at goal, maybe even run a couple of km shorter if he's playing lone striker. It would be interesting to see him in a second striker role as he often played behind Llorente once again.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Players called by Ernesto Valverde for the game tomorrow in Valladolid:

Iago, Iraizoz.
Iraola, Laporte, Ekiza, Gurpegi, Saborit, Balenziaga.
Iturraspe, Beñat, Morán, De Marcos, Herrera, Susaeta.
Muniain, Ibai Gómez, Toquero, Kike Sola.

Injured: San José
Suspended: Aduriz
Out: Etxeita, Aurtenetxe, Iñigo Pérez, Albizua.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That looks a strong squad and fascinating to see how all the pre season work pans out in our first competitive match under Valverde.

I still worry about our ability to score without Aduriz but this is definitely a game we can win...a draw would be no disaster either and would put us on top of La Liga alphabetically for at least 2 hours!!

Onwards and upwards....looking forward to a successful campaign this season.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carlos Gurpegi will play today his game 300 for Athletic.

Zorionak CAPTAIN! :proud:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That looks a strong squad and fascinating to see how all the pre season work pans out in our first competitive match under Valverde.

I still worry about our ability to score without Aduriz but this is definitely a game we can win...a draw would be no disaster either and would put us on top of La Liga alphabetically for at least 2 hours!!

Onwards and upwards....looking forward to a successful campaign this season.
Only if the Anoeta floods and the Donosti game at 18.00 is abandoned of course..

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First lineup of the season:

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Carlos Gurpegi - Borja Ekiza - Mikel Balenziaga

Beñat Etxebarria - Ander Iturraspe

Markel Susaeta - Ander Herrera - Iker Muniain

Kike Sola

Bench:

GK Iago Herrerín
DF Aymeric Laporte
DF Enric Saborit
MF Erik Morán
MF Óscar de Marcos
FW Ibai Gómez
FW Gaizka Toquero

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Iñigo Ruiz de Galarreta starter and key player in Mirandés' 2-1 win vs Barcelona B.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On the lineup, I can understand De Marcos being in the bench as he has been injured during preseason but Ibai? Top3 player last season and best player this preseason...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts