Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Atlético de Madrid

De Gea
Perea - Godín - Domínguez - Filipe Luis
Reyes - Assunçao - Tiago - Simão
Diego Costa - Forlán

Quique leaves Agüero on the bench for this game, doesn't want to risk him considering Bayer Leverkusen is coming up in Europa League. Filipe is making his debut for Atlético as a left-back which means Antonio López drops to the bench. Tiago replaces Raúl García while Perea continues as a right-back.

Real Zaragoza

Leo Franco
Lanzaro - Jarošik - Contini - Obradović
Gabi - Kevin
Ponzio - Lafita - Herrera
Marco Pérez

This is how they'll most likely be starting, though it's a bit odd to see Ponzio as a right-winger which means they'll be going all out defensive. Leo returns to Vicente Calderón while the same applies to Gabi and of course, Sinama-Pongolle who's on the bench.​

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Quique leaves Agüero on the bench for this game, doesn't want to risk him considering Bayer Leverkusen is coming up in Europa League.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is the league not more important and qualifying for UCL than EL especially considering that you won it last season?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agüero was rushed back for the game against FCB which only made things worse for Quique, meaning he couldn't feature in important games, so giving him a rest when he isn't 100% ready is the way to go. Zaragoza are currently last in Primera División and they've got problems with scoring goals, although I've got to say, they haven't been as bad as their position suggests. The team is missing a goalscorer, something like Colunga was last season; Marco Pérez who's starting tonight have missed two huge opportunities to give his team three points against Deportivo on Riazor and in midweek, yet another game that ended 0-0 because he couldn't finish off his chances.

Atlético is the reigning champion in Europa League, so it's important to defend that title as well as they possibly can, but of course qualifying for the Champions League is the big goal this season as it generates money.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Fair enough mate. They're not a bad side necessarily but their defence has been nothing short of atrocious this season. I was very surprised to see Jarosik playing CB.

Either way, good luck to your boys and should get the win here.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Leo Franco ... pobrecito ... looks injured and will be replaced soon. A pity!

For me one of the idols who wore our colours.

Diego Costa scored like a striker should after a great run from Filipe! Looked very well!!!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Filipe Luis makes an assist after a good run for Diego Costa 1-0.

Ponzio got an early yellow which is a good news. He will think twice before hacking from now on.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
WTF action from Reyes. Sent off for pushing Contini when it was totally unnecessary.
????

It was nothing ... the guy was blocking him and he was rushing into the guy. This was a bad joke from the "asshole" in black who also gave two yellows away because of a stupid "whistle" which gave Zaragoza a freekick in our area.

What an idiot!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
????

It was nothing ... the guy was blocking him and he was rushing into the guy. This was a bad joke from the "asshole" in black who also gave two yellows away because of a stupid "whistle" which gave Zaragoza a freekick in our area.

What an idiot!
I will have to check the replay for this one. For me it looked like an idiotic action from Reyes.

But the referee is bad as usual.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Muñiz Fernández is an absolute asshole, he did everything in his power to prevent Atlético from winning. Everything erupted with that horrible call on De Gea.

Reyes shouldn't react the way he did, stupid and immature, but then again, it's not a freaking red card.

Paulo is a beast, what a player! :proud:

Filipe with a good debut, best player in the first half and Diego Costa finally scored.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Muñiz Fernández is an absolute asshole, he did everything in his power to prevent Atlético from winning. Everything erupted with that horrible call on De Gea.

Reyes shouldn't react the way he did, stupid and immature, but then again, it's not a freaking red card.

Paulo is a beast, what a player! :proud:

Filipe with a good debut, best player in the first half and Diego Costa finally scored.

I am absolutely with you this time!!!

He costs us a lot of power, one Player against Sevilla and two players who now have a yellow card.

Incredible this guy!

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Atléti will most likely try to eliminate that red card on Reyes, but I suppose it's impossible.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hi, I'm Atletico fan, my first post here. I watched the game, Reyes behaved like an idiot, even though I agree that he didn't really deserve red card. It was also interesting how Zaragoza couldn't score that indirect free kick in 2 attempts. I think that if the teams would practice such situations more on trainings, indirect free kicks would be more dangerous than penalties.

I don't want to sound like captain obvious but today's 3 points are extremely important considering the tough draw: 3 big teams on first 6 matches.

This year Atletico has chances to win the league as Barca and Real both have a useless striker who is the weak link in their team.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome, nkm. Stick around :)

Godín's injured btw, hopefully nothing serious, he'll undergo tests tomorrow.

·
Registered
340 Posts
im really happy with our 3 points today.....it was tough....referee destroyed our game,but today we got filipe....i was feeling butterflies in my stomach again.....i love atleti....<3<3<3

1 - 20 of 38 Posts