Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kNhStKR_eVk

The line-up is what we would've expected, apart from one position where Simeone seems to have watched Colombia play the past ten days..

¡Vamos Atleti!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
The second half started with quite a bit of action. 3 goals scored by Atleti in the first 10 minutes.

2-0 Koke
3-0 Arda
4-0 Falcao (pen)

Diego Costa was involved heavily in all the goals.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
****ing retarded this defense!!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
If only that game went on for another couple of minutes. :D

3 goals in 8 minutes, yikes.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The positive thing is that we weren't super great yesterday and still scored four goals. Diego Costa really played well (2 assists, a penalty provoked and had a finger in Arda's goal as well) and is a much better to have than Salvio as a non EU-player but there's also a lot of players contributing to the win. However, complacency, to say the least. This game never should've ended like it did, three goals in something like seven minutes is ridicolous (on Rayo's part as well, they did a similar thing..) but it's a good warning sign. It's good to know that Simeone realized he made too many changes. They'll have to pay back a bit against Hapoel obviously because the players minds were in Israel after Falcao scored 4-0.

Btw, I'm not fully satisfied with Courtois so far this season. He's not commanding his area enough right now and it's been the case for some time. Cata probably needs to be given a game or two as well, Godín could use a rest considering he's been playing non stop for club and country.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
zori, do you remember like 3-4 years ago when you insisted Diego Costa wasn't good enough? :D I was always a fan of him. Good player.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Diego Costa is way too inconsistent and many times not convincing at all. This reminds me of the Osasuna match where he scored an hat-trick and then went AWOL for next few matches.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zori, do you remember like 3-4 years ago when you insisted Diego Costa wasn't good enough? :D I was always a fan of him. Good player.
Definitely mate. The problem with Diego Costa at that time was that he simply wasn't discilplined enough. Always a hard worker, very raw when he came to Europe because he hadn't played organized football before he turned 16 which is also one of the main reasons why he got sent off so often. I read an interview with him where he said that he's finally realized how to play in an organized enviroment, without the dirty tricks and stupidity he showed at Celta, Albacete, Valladolid (at times, despite the positive stint he had) and during his first year at Atlético when he finally got a shot at playing for the senior team without being loaned out. I think the injury he suffered last summer changed him and brs, he's clearly showed that he's capable of a lot of good things at Rayo. 10 goals and 4 assists last year.

His story is a bit funny because he was spotted by one of Jorge Mendes' people while playing for a team in the lower tiers of Brazillian football who then gave him try-outs which he passed. After that though, he went on to his antics which led to 4 months on the sidelines because the coaches weren't trusting his discipline. Then, one day, a scout who works for Mendes came to watch him in his hometown, he hadn't played for four months and the coach said to him that he'd make an exceptions because "exceptions should be made sometimes". That's how he came to Europe.

He became a footballer because he wanted to work and take girls out to dinner (like his brother..), there was no work, so he went into football and now he can do that..:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts