·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liga BBVA | J34 | Betis - Club Atlético de Madrid

Stadium: Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera
Match date: May 3, 2009
Start time: 2100 hrs

Atletico head to Seville to meet Betis for the 34th match day. With the qualification to CL not in their own hands the team has to look for the best results in the remaining matches and hope that the teams above us slip up. We meet Valencia in week 36 which might prove to be a very important match, but to make it an important match we should keep up the pressure by taking all points against Betis.

Simao has been suspended for 2 matches due to his red card last match and Antonio Lopez misses this match due to injury suffered in the last match. With that the following players are called upon by Abel.

GOALKEEPERS
1 Coupet.
25 Leo Franco.

DEFENDERS
4 Pernía.
5 Heitinga.
17 Ujfalusi.
21 Perea.
22 Pablo Ibáñez.
28 Álvaro Domínguez.

MIDFIELDERS
8 Raúl García.
9 Luis García.
11 Maxi Rodríguez.
12 Paulo Assunção.
16 Éver Banega.
19 Miguel de las Cuevas.
24 Ignacio Camacho.

STRIKERS
7 Forlán.
10 Kun Agüero.
14 Sinama-Pongolle.

Abel will release the playing eleven only before the start of the match. Pernia chooses himself in place of A Lopez while it is still not clear whether it will be Luis Garcia or Miguel who will replace Simao. Aguero has some inconveniences during training but has been cleared to play.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
I was waiting for this, mate, good that you started the thread :D

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here I am hoping for a good result out of the Villareal - Sevilla match.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
..and Fabiano scores :nono:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
..and Fabiano scores :nono:
:rollani: just as I was typing the previous post. But me thinks that Sevilla is kind of not reachable for us. They are out of the big matches now and have more an easy path till match day 38. So it might very well between us and Valencia for the 4th place.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
Probably between Atléti and Valencia, but they need to win tomorrow for that to happen, Atléti can't slip up anymore.

Málaga are down 0-2.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surely you lot want Villarreal to lose if you want 4th spot? :confused:

Let Sevilla have 3rd, Atletico can never get 3rd anyway.

It was quite complicated given that Sevilla had a bad run which was broken in this match against Villareal. Better thing to do is to concentrate on our match instead of worrying about other results.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
Oh well, Sevilla won.

Numancia did Atléti a favour, now Valencia needs to lose in Catalonia and Atléti to beat Betis in Sevilla.

Should we count on Leo Franco to make two penalty saves again? It was a while ago..

But as a fan you can worry about other results as much as you want. :D
I don't expect much to be honest, just a respectable ending of the league.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
:rollani: just as I was typing the previous post. But me thinks that Sevilla is kind of not reachable for us. They are out of the big matches now and have more an easy path till match day 38. So it might very well between us and Valencia for the 4th place.
Don't forget Villarreal, if anything they are more of a threat than you for 4th.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
I just hope they beat you :D
Agreed, it'd be awesome to see Valencia get beaten by Villarreal :proud: :howler:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed, it'd be awesome to see Valencia get beaten by Villarreal :proud: :howler:
It was painful to see Pellegrini scratching his head todayand looking clueless & confused and this was just Sevilla and they are to face Barca next week. His team has crumbled like anything in the last few matches and missing Senna and Cazorla.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
Biris: Ricardo, Nelson, Juanito, Melli, Fernando Vega, Cañas, Capi, Juanma, Mark González, Emaná and Oliveira.

Atléti: Leo Franco, Heitinga, Perea, Ujfalusi, Pernía, Assunçao, Raúl García, De las Cuevas, Maxi, Banega and Forlán

I like this line-up, although it's a shame that Kun can't play.

Banega's got a chance to impress now, same goes for Miguel.

Pernía is a safety risk :(

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With 5 midfielders we get cover for our full backs. Either Raul Garcia or Banega can stay back with Assuncao to help the full backs. Good to see Abel using his brains in selecting the lin-up.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
FORLÁN!

Who else?

Great one-two with Maxi who makes a great assist :D

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After the goal we stopped applying pressure and Betis came into the match playing more attacking moves. Perea is rock solid out there alogn with Assuncao. The attacking players need to keep the ball more and pressurize Betis.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.