Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Physical game. Very important win.

Teixeira Vitienes tried to rob Atleti again. Twice. Failed this time around :yuck:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
A very important win against a tough opponent. The defence was bit square few times but got better as the match progressed.

Courtois made a very important age in the 82nd minute and Athletic finished the match with 10 men with Laporte sent off after collecting 2 yellows.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miranda got absolutely smashed by Aduriz in the air tonight. Never seen him so outclassed in this part of the game.

·
Panopoticon
1,287 Posts
Miranda also had a lot of trouble against Balotelli. He's a positionally correct defender but doesn't look strong in a duel. Godin should be picking these strikers up.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
amazing atleti!! this ****ing koke is something else.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
I watched this game... I thought the ref's mistake evened itself out. Diego Costa didn't get a PK but neither did Tarquero.

It was another impressive win to me. The way this team counters is brilliant to watch. During the 2nd half you could just sense that anytime a fullback or a wide mid got the ball towards the side of the field they were immediately looking for a CM or Costa to start a counter.

I hope it lasts. I am unsure if Atleti can keep this rhythm but I would like to see them win La Liga. The Champions League, while amazing I think might be a little too far. I'd rotate more for Europe to compensate their legs for the title run-in.

Either way... 1 game at a time is the sort of attitude you need in these situations which Simeone has in spades. I don't think there has ever been a more truthful 1 game at a time view. It's not rhetoric, it's reality.

Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts