Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Games like these are always tough towards the end of each season, the opposition is a relegation battler and they're doing everything in their power to survive yet another season in Primera División while Atléti has to pick up points in order to get closer to Villarreal and that UEFA Champions League-spot.

Villarreal lost yesterday away from home to Almería and this is a golden chance to get even closer and make that 5 point space smaller.

Assunção is back in the squad after serving a suspension before the international break while Maxi will be out after Argentina got owned in La Paz the other day, he's injured. Pernía is also back in the squad after suffering from an injury lately and it's great to see Perea back as well, although we will be without Heitinga and Antonio López :scared:

Patxi Puñal is out for Osasuna, he's their captain and one of the most important players, the same goes for Miguel Flaño while Ezquerro and Kike Sola have been left out because of technical reasons. Nachito Monreal enters the squad, but will make a late fitness test in order to start.

These games are always ill-tempered and special, especially for Raúl García who's a proud member of Osasuna. I hope for another game with three of their players getting sent off :proud:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The defence are a bunch of idiots and Abel is as well for putting Perea on the right instead of giving someone else a chance to prove himself. Ufo needs to be dropped and that should've happened weeks ago while Pernía is killing every child on Día del Niño with his defending.

Apart from some brilliance by Simão, Forlán and Agüero, there haven't been anything to be happy about.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These players have no pride and it's games like these that Atlético should be giving their youth players a chance instead. They were literally walking on the pitch today.

Finally, it's games like these that'll force this club to finally let classy players like Agüero, Forlán and Simão go. They deserve better than this, especially since these idiots always rely on them to do everything upfront.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Special mention to Banega...he is really impressing me with his performances. He is taking on players with his ability to dribble and also shielding the ball and distribution.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Atlético has played nearly 30 games in Primera División this season and had two different coaches, yet they continue to insist on playing Perea on the right (who doesn't offer anything offensively), Ufo as a central defender, even though he's been poor as fuck for quite some time now and Pernía on the left (even though everyone knows that he's a complete joke of a player). I'd rather call up Aitor Núñez and give him a chance when Antonio is out with a suspension/injury.

Raúl García was absolute crap today, didn't do anything right and what does Abel do? He takes off Paulo Assunção for Banega. Why did this club pay so much money for Raúl García when he obviously doesn't fit into this system of play..? Pitarch doesn't know anything about good transfers.

Props to Simão who tried but it was evident that the rest wouldn't help him out even though he had to take on two defenders everytime he tried to break through. Sinama isn't a winger and he shouldn't be playing there, we should start using our canteranos and I don't really care if Atléti doesn't get a CL-spot any longer, this team needs re-building and no, this isn't a stupid reaction after a game, but it's so obvious that this defence is shit and the replacements aren't good enough.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I don't think we have good prospects for the defensive position in our B team. Also it is just common sense that the coaches need to apply when they select the team that starts. Why the coaches tend to select Perea for the right side is beyond my understanding. One-legged Seitaridis is much better...that is how bad Perea is. Nothing to mention about Pernia. He was at his horrendous best today and the only good thing was the coach decided to take him out after the first half. Pablo and Ufo just does not cut it. I would have played Perea along with Ufo with Seita on the right side and we would have been much different.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Raúl García was absolute crap today, didn't do anything right and what does Abel do? He takes off Paulo Assunção for Banega. Why did this club pay so much money for Raúl García when he obviously doesn't fit into this system of play..? Pitarch doesn't know anything about good transfers.
Raul had been quite OK in the last few games. He plays well when the wing backs are pretty fine and today he was made more to sit behind the half line to cover Pernia.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd have called up Aitor just because he's doing well at Atléti B and these idiots have no pride. I'm almost 100% certain that he wouldn't be playing like these dumbasses did today. It's not about having good prospects, it's about constantly overlooking them and simply not caring about what they can offer.

Pernía is not a football-player, he's just that bad and it's like Atléti are playing with 10 men with him and Perea as fullbacks. Aitor may not be a huge prospect and not the best of players around, but at least he wouldn't let them humiliate his club like this.

There's no authority, no pride, no heart, nothing, all these players do at Atlético is to rely on the trio upfront to score more goals than we allow :thmbdown:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Raul had been quite OK in the last few games. He plays well when the wing backs are pretty fine and today he was made more to sit behind the half line to cover Pernia.
It's not about how he's played in his previous games, it's about how he played today. He was nowhere to be seen today yet Abel takes off Paulo instead and puts in Banega.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Now the question is whether we will qualify for UEFA cup? We had a wonderful chance in the last 2 matches and failed.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
dont want to rub salt in the wounds but why do two different coaches insist on playing sinama pongolle as a winger? he's absolutely lost out their with horrendus passing and crossing. granted its hard to get a look in with forlan and aguero upfront but still, pongolle should either play upfront or warm the bench. in FM you have guys like Miguel who's highly rated in the game and their research us usually quite good, so how come this guy don't get a chance to play? even though he's listed as a left winger/attacking central he's surely better in the right flank than pongolle.

and yes, im in i middle of a FM save with atletico so that's why im kinda interested

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
dont want to rub salt in the wounds but why do two different coaches insist on playing sinama pongolle as a winger? he's absolutely lost out their with horrendus passing and crossing. granted its hard to get a look in with forlan and aguero upfront but still, pongolle should either play upfront or warm the bench. in FM you have guys like Miguel who's highly rated in the game and their research us usually quite good, so how come this guy don't get a chance to play? even though he's listed as a left winger/attacking central he's surely better in the right flank than pongolle.

and yes, im in i middle of a FM save with atletico so that's why im kinda interested
Last match against Mallorca Pongolle was palyed as a right wing back, though it was due to Heitinga' injury.

Sinama had played as a winger only when Maxi is not playing or when substituted.Miguel is not prefered as we don't believe in giving chances to youngsters who might save the team with their enthusiasm.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you understand what I mean now by this club constantly overlooking their youth prospects? Miguel, a player who payed €300,000 in order to play for Atlético, who was out for a very long time and fought to come back from that injury he picked in Trofeo Teresa Herrera isn't being given a chance to play because the managers think a striker with no technical abilites is better as a winger.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Very true there... we could have moved Simao to the right wing and employed Miguel in the left side. But now we all know what to expect from the coaches.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts