Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third straight game where Atlético plays a top-opponent and it won't be easier this time: Barcelona are coming to Madrid, but they've been in pretty poor form over the last three games, that is for being the current Barcelona team that has crushed everything in their way.

Luis García and Luis Perea are both out with injuries while Mariano Pernía won't be available through suspension :relieved: Everyone else are available though.

There has been talk of Abel Resino starting a trivote and bench Simão for this game, that would pretty much mean that Atlético would be doing what every other team in Primera División is doing, playing a bunker-formation of three central midfielders with a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2-formation :wallbang: That would mean that Banega would start, it's also being said that Heitinga will play on the right instead of Seitaridis.

Mind games or not; I don't like it, but it could be effective if they actually know how to defend.

Gerrard Pique, Andrés Iniesta, Éric Abidal and Gabi Milito are all out with injuries while Keita won't be available for Pep through a suspension, so there's a decent chance of scoring goals.

The question is; Do we want to give Putos the pleasure of thinking that the league is still on or do we want to keep on fighting for the Champions League-spots? The team is currently five points behind Villarreal and they're not impossible to reach. I'd say yes, now let's take revenge on Barcelona who humiliated Atléti together with a certain Iturralde at Camp Nou.

Pressure, break attacks and counter attack.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
We are not thinking about doing a favour to anyone. All we need is to get points for our own good and keep up the pressure on the teams that are above us.

I would make Raul Garcia start and do a man marking on Xavi..that should take care of the points.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good first half from Atléti, they're really doing well in terms of pressure and creating chances. Agüero should've scored at least one goal while Heit was robbed because that was clearly a goal.

Henrys goal was just fantastic, poor defending when Messi took the ball and raided our defence, they weren't paying attention to him before he got the ball and Pablo slipped.

We got a Forlánazo as well :proud:

Atléti shouldn't be down a goal, but I won't be crying about it, that's the way things are and this isn't exactly impossible to turn around considering how the team has been playing.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Forlan is probably the most underrated striker in the world....a consistent goalscorer since 2004, wherever he has gone...always consistent, great workrate and a hardworker...can create as well as score smashers..
dragged Villarreal literally by himself in the end of 06 - 07 season when JRR left the team....been Atletico's best player since last year,...well, alongside Simao i guess

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Good first half from Atléti, they're really doing well in terms of pressure and creating chances. Agüero should've scored at least one goal while Heit was robbed because that was clearly a goal.

Henrys goal was just fantastic, poor defending when Messi took the ball and raided our defence, they weren't paying attention to him before he got the ball and Pablo slipped.

We got a Forlánazo as well :proud:

Atléti shouldn't be down a goal, but I won't be crying about it, that's the way things are and this isn't exactly impossible to turn around considering how the team has been playing.
I am surprised at 2 minutes of extra time as the time lost on the oscar performance of Alves was for 5 minutes. Though I loved the chanting of the crowd after that incident.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, I forgot about Dani Alves acting.

Incredible, really. He's such a great player, but he can definitely get that biggest diver remark. I'd be happy to hand out an Oscar to him :thumbsup:

Greatest fans on earth :proud:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KUN KUN KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FUCKING AWESOME THIS MIDGET :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts