Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Tough test for Atlético as Athletic are coming to Vicente Calderón.

Aguirre will not have three players available through suspension for this game; Paulo Assunçao, Luis Perea and Johnny Heitinga are all missing out because of five bookings thus far.

Luis García isn't in the squad because of technical reasons, he haven't been playing well since the game against PSV Eindhoven and I think it's the right decision. Ángel Bernabé will not be on the bench either, but that's a given these days.

Confirmed line-up (4-4-2)

01: Leo Franco

02: Giorgios Seitaridis
17: Tomáš Ujfaluši
28: Álvaro Domínguez
03: Antonio López

11: Maxi Rodríguez (C)
18: Maniche
24: Ignacio Camacho
20: Simão

07: Diego Forlán
10: Sergio Agüero

Bench
01: Grégory Coupet
04: Mariano Pernía
08: Raúl García
14: Florent Sinama-Pongolle
16: Éver Banega
19: Miguel de las Cuevas
22: Pablo Ibañez

This means that Ignacio Camacho will get his first minutes in Primera División this season, finally. The other canterano, Álvaro Domínguez is also starting in the absence of the suspended duo Luis Perea and Johnny Heitinga, as well as Pablo Ibañez who's still suffering a little from his pharyngitis.

Sergio Agüero is back in the starting line-up after missing out on the game against Barcelona, the same goes for Antonio López who's recovered as well.

Previous meetings
2007-2008: 1-2
2006-2007: 1-0
2005-2006: 1-0
2004-2005: 1-1
2003-2004: 3-0
2002-2003: 3-3
1999-2000: 1-2
1998-1999: 0-0
1997-1998: 3-0
1996-1997: 2-1
1995-1996: 4-1

I don't think the fans should expect any fancy results, this team is full of fighters and it'll be tough for Atléti to get all three points, but it's definitely needed. The snow in Madrid has also made things worse, so let's hope the pitch will be allright.

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bit lucky, but who cares :D

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1-1 Koikili with a shot from distance.

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Title to be changed to "Sill in Chinatown until further notice".
End of the game, incredibly bad performance, a bunch of bookings and the regular sending off.

Anyways, Congrats to Athletic.

..oh, and title changed.

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Snowball-throwing fans hold up Atletico game

Fans let fly with the white stuff at the Vincente Calderon Stadium

Snowball throwing halted Atletico Madrid's home match against Athletic Bilbao in Spain at the weekend.

The game was held up for a minute as fans took advantage of heavy snowfall in the Spanish capital to aim a barrage towards the visitors' goal on Sunday.

Referee Cesar Muniz Fernandez said: "The home fans threw numerous snowballs towards the Bilbao goal, some of them hitting the goalkeeper.

"In the fifth minute, I was forced to stop the game."

The game restarted after a message was put out over the stadium's PA system asking fans to desist.

The snowball throwing backfired on Atletico's fans, however, as Bilbao went on to win 3-2.

The players failed to see the funny side of the snow business, with seven bookings and a sending off for the hosts, and four yellow cards for the visitors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7823355.stm

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
i didnt see this match thank god but everyone is pissed off about it, aguirre should leave and take some players with him... i am tired of his bullshit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.