Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Primeira Liga 2015/2016

Jornada 24

Estádio Municipal D. Afonso Henriques, Guimarães,
29 February 2016, 21:00 CET
Ref: Tiago Martins (AF LIsboa)

x

Vitória de Guimarães 0-0 SPORTING CP

Massive game tonight in Guimarães, one of the 4 hardest away matches of our league, a place where Porto lost and Benfica only won thanks to one of those epic refereeings that will stay in the history of this mickey mouse league.

To make things even more difficult we'll be missing our captain Adrien due to injury and Slimani will be playing knowing that he is one yellow card away from suspension, being the next game...the derby. If I was a betting man I'd definitely put a big bet on that yellow card because it is more than obvious that all is being cooked for that to happen.

Regardless all this we proved this season that we are good enough to grab a win up there and that's what I believe we will do.

Here's the list of players called by JJ:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As expected João Mário will shift to Adrien's position and Gelson will be on the right side of the midfield. The entire back four is different from the one that played on Thursday.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a chance for Coates at 20' but the keeper stole the ball from his feet.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One minute later is Slimani forcing Miguel Silva to a great save.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A tough first half as expected against a team that spent more time reclaiming of imaginary fouls than actually trying to play the game. Sporting defensively is playing really well and although we could only create a couple of real goal chances it was always Sporting that had the upper hand in this first half.

It's impossible not to miss Adrien in midfield but in spite of that we are dominating the game in those zones. We're missing that last pass into the box but we've improved as long as the game went on.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Half time stats:

VFC 0-0 SCP

5 Shots 6
1 Shots On Goal 3
61% Pass Accuracy 74%
9 Fouls 8
3 Corners 6
34% Ball Possession 66%​

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JJ makes the first sub at 58':

Teo Gutiérrez IN for Gelson Martins

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This young keeper of Vitória is really good but I'm not sure if he should be a footballer or a clown.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At 73' hesitation between the keeper and a CB of Vitória when Slimani is going for the ball, Josué grabs Slimani and sees a 2nd yellow.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a chance for William after a perfect counter but the shot goe so close wide.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts