Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Primeira Liga 2015/2016

Jornada 14

Estádio da Choupana, Funchal,
20 December 2015, 19:15 CET

Ref: Vasco Santos (AF Porto)

x

União da Madeira 1-0 SPORTING CP

The neverending marathon of December matches goes on this time with a tricky away game in Madeira againt União. They are one of the weakest sides of our league but they just stole two points to Benfica. We need to show that the loss against Braga was just an accident and keep Porto at bay before we host them in the coming weekend.

Ezequiel Schelotto gets his first call in another must win game which I will watch at the classic Solar dos Leões in my home town Almada! :proud:

Here's the list of players called for the game by JJ:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153179833401555

May the Force be with them!

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
0-0 ht we had enough chances to take the lead

Really hope we don't let this slip , not sure why teo was not called up

·
Registered
67 Posts
SCP gonna lose this game. JJ is a dumbass. Leaves William on the bench and doesn't call up Teo while sorry ass Montero gets all those minutes.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
What a joke this was

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
We did more than enough to win today, but this was a disaster.

Hopefully we can beat Porto next game

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The kneejerk of my fellow sportinguistas in this thread is understandable but there's no reason to worry. Sporting finally lost a game in this league and one that surely JJ was not counting on dropping points but this league is going to be tight and this game was a clear proof of that.

Sporting didn't play well, we created enough chances to win it, União scored in the only decent shot they had in 95 minutes but that's football. If we want to recover the league lead we just need to beat Porto in the coming match.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
I;ve never seen Braga or Uniao as happy as they are when they beat Sporting

meanwhile teams never give 110% against Porto , but against SCP they all play like its the WC Final.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts