Jornada 5

Estádio José Alvalade, 26.09.2014, 21:30 CET
Ref: Olegário Benqurença (AF Leiria)
37,999 att.

vs

SPORTING CP 1-1 Porto
(Jonathan Silva 2'; Naby Sarr 56' OG)​

I can't believe I'll be missing this one due to work. :doh:

Anyway, I hope our boys can keep the momentum after that glorious mauling of Gil Vicente and take advantage of the back to back somehow unexpected draws by the Fruit Company.

For that to happen we will have to be at our best and expect the impossible from the man with the whistle, ie. biting the hand that feeds him.

May the Force be with the good ones! :stuckup:

Marco Silva called the following 21 lions for this game:

Goalkeepers:
1 Rui Patrício and 22 Marcelo Boeck.

Defenders:
41 Cédric, 47 Ricardo Esgaio, 3 Maurício, 29 Naby Sarr, 26 Paulo Oliveira, 4 Jefferson and 33 Jonathan Silva.

Midfielders:
23 Adrien, 14 William Carvalho, 17 João Mário, 8 André Martins and 24 Uri Rosell.

Forwards and Wingers:
10 Fredy Montero, 9 Slimani, 11 Diego Capel, 18 Carrillo, 77 Nani, 19 Tanaka and 36 Carlos Mané.

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't believe I'll be missing this one due to work. :doh:
Resign from it :stuckup:

If I got time, I'll watch this to check up on Bruno Martins Indi.

#4 ·
Good first half, SCP has the 1-0 lead after Jonathon Silva got his first goal for the club in only the 2nd minute of his 2nd game with the club

we were much better, but I get the feeling we won't end with 11 so we will need to score another, we missed some chances through Nani and Joao Mario.

#5 ·
very entertaining game, with goal chances for both sides and no refereeing issues

i was hoping sporting would win this one, but a tie is good too:D

jackson was really not himself last night, its very unusual to see him miss goals like that, patricio was amazing ( specially after that shot from herrera...wow, would have been an awesome goal, turned out to be an incredible save)

porto's style of play is becoming pretty boring imo...all that ball posession is done in the midfield, no real progression, sporting was way more objective, with a more vertical game

and lopetegui is such a whiner...jessssus, i dont think i have ever seen a porto coach complain like that about the refs:D

#9 ·
fair result.....

sporting was much better in the first 30 min and should scored 2,3 goals.

porto was another team in the second half with the subs and expose the sporting cb's......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.