Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sporting is living one of the worst moments of its great history, so much so that if we lose tonight this will be the worst ever series of results in the history of the club.

Just about any crap team seems to be a menace to the fragile state of mind of the team right now, so it's even harder when our opponents do have quality, as it is the case of Académica. Some may think of some sort of "revenge" for the lost cup final of last season but what really matters is that we start winning games, no matter who is playing on the other side.

This will be the last match with Oceano as first coach. Franky Vercauteren has already been with the team since the game against Genk but he will only take charge from tomorrow onwards. The players owe this one to Oceano. There are no more excuses.

Line-up to be announced soon.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rui Patrício
Santiago Arias - Boulahrouz - Marcos Rojo - Insúa
Rinaudo - Schaars
Adrien
Viola - Ricky van Wolfswinkel - Pranjic

Subs: Marcelo Boeck, Xandão, Gelson Fernandes, Izmailov, Diego Capel, Jeffrén and Betinho.

FORÇA SPORTING!!!!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RvW is pushed just outside the box when he was the last man, the ref waves on.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adrien is elbowed in the face by Keita, the ref waves on.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A first half that went exactly as expected. Sporting attacking more having 2/3 of the ball possession, Académica trying to play on the fast counter. Neither we took advantage of having so much of the ball nor they created any danger in their breaks. Our central midfield is playing very slowly with Rinaudo being the only one that has tried to put a bit more speed in the attacking transitions. Schaars and above all Adrien are having a woeful game so far. I don't really see why Adrien keeps having a place in our first XI when we have people like Izmailov or André Martins in the squad. Clearly our best players in these first 45' were the two full backs, Arias and Insúa, and above all Viola, especially since he moved to the left flank.

Adrien should be subbed asap. Izmailov should come in.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
Good analysis but I think Academica did threaten on counters , we continue to look very fragile and a team that can be scored on almost any time

I hope vercauteran can address such issues

Second half about to begin

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
Good analysis but I think Academica did threaten on counters , we continue to look very fragile and a team that can be scored on almost any time

I hope vercauteran can address such issues

Second half about to begin

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally at 58' Adrien is subbed by Izmailov. Juve Leo didn't like it. :rollani:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gelson has a brainfart that leaves Marinho one on one with Patrício but we have the best keeper in the league.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This lampião from Sport TV that his commenting the game should be punched in the mouth.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At 68' Boulahrouz seems to tear a muscle and will need to come off. Betinho comes in. Rinaudo will probably go back to CB.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts