Sunday, 29 January 2012
Estádio José Alvalade, Lisbon

SPORTING CP vs Beira-Mar

vs

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I could only catch glimpses of the second half of this game and I can't say I was that impressed with what I saw. Apparently we played well enough in the first half to guarantee the return to winning ways but the same problems persist and the possible solutions to those problems seem to go on not being tried by our coach.

In spite of the above there was a couple of good things to take from this match:

Onyewu - Never since the great André Cruz we had a defender scoring a brace for us. Gooch is back to his best times and that can only be good news.

38,405 - One thing cannot be hidden by those morons that claim that "after all we are the same team of last year" - sportinguistas arebehind the club and the immense rise in match attendance both at home and away are a clear proof of it. This time playing in the afternoon, for the first time in years, we got gates of 38,405, including many families.

João Pereira suspended - On the contrary to our opinionated football director I am glad our RB is suspended. Most of his cards are for protesting and although it is true he gets more stick from the refs than some of his counterparts that are not less troublesome than he is, he should learn to keep his big mouth shut. Besides, he is in terrible form and I can't wait to see Santiago Arias having some playing time to show his great value.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts