Monday, 23 January 2012, 21:15 CET
Estádio José Arcanjo, Olhão

Olhanense vs SPORTING CP

vs

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This horrible 2012 start brings another tough nut to crack as we are visiting one of the hardest teams to play against of this season's league. Olhanense was very lucky to leave Alvalade with one point in the inaugural match of Liga 2011/12 but they were then coached by Daúto Faquirá, someone that I rate much higher than Mr. I Wasn't Called for Euro 2004 Because I Wear Adidas himself.

The Bojinov X Files have this week made a field day to our friendly press, the same one that according to some resident morons "hypes our players". :palm:
It seems more than probable that he is not going to play for the club anymore but it remains to be seen if anybody will replace him in the squad before the January window is shut. Maybe we should call back Wilson Eduardo, the same gentleman that did us the favour of scoring a scorcher against us in Alvalade for this same Olhanense.

Domingos is fielding a very surprising XI tonight and I have to wait for the kick off to realise exactly in what positions those three attacking players will be fielded as usually they are all wingers. It's also unclear whether Renato Neto will again be occupying the number 6 position or if he will complete a more defensive pair with Schaars and leave Matías as number 10.

Here's the line-up:

Rui Patrício
João Pereira - Onyewu - Polga - Insúa
Schaars - Renato Neto
Matías Fernandez
Jeffrén - Carrillo - Diego Capel

Bench: Marcelo Boeck, Daniel Carriço, Evaldo, Pereirinha, André Martins, Seba Ribas and Diego Rubio.

Let's get those 3 points ffs! :fero:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And here's a sample of what this year has been for us:

Schaars get injured while warming up and gets replaced by Daniel Carriço. :palm:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
New starting XI for us:

Rui Patrício
João Pereira - Onyewu - Polga - Insúa
Daniel Carriço
Matías Fernandez - Renato Neto
Carrillo - Jeffrén - Diego Capel

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Isn't "SALVADOR AGRA" just a fun name to say? :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good start from us playing much faster than in the last few matches.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Yellow card to Ismaily. :(

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very dangerous freekick by Matías hitting the sidenetting.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Hi Josh. Where are the Porto highlights? :shades:
I just posted them. Go see the penalti clarissimo. Exaggerated by James for sure, but dude clearly misses the ball and takes out his leg. Not even debatable.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carrillo has a very nice move but his shot was saved for a corner.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Caue just misses the 1-0 for Olhanense!

Blast from the edge of the box goes inches wide of Rui Patricio.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
0-0 HT

An interesting first half where we started quite well when compared with the last few matches and particularly having in mind the very long list of absences. We could have scored more than once during the first 20' but from then on and during approximately 15' Olhanense got the better chances, even if all coming from dead ball situations, while our midfield didn't seem to be able to show the same good flow of the first period of the game. Finally in the last 10' we were again the best team but our lack of a real forward has been an obvious handicap.

Individually Matías has been our best player and the two wingers, Capel and Carrillo, were also good. Jeffrén is obviously not comfortable in that central striker position and Renato Neto showed more than once that he has just arrived.

Domingos must bring on a forward sooner rather than later and I'd like to see André Martins instead of Neto.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Hi, I'd like to watch this game but since i can't I'll just wonder how long my post will be here....
Pretty even game, two good chances for Sporting through Capel and Matias, with Olhanense also getting two good chances from Caue and Agra.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pretty even game, two good chances for Sporting through Capel and Matias, with Olhanense also getting two good chances from Caue and Agra.
You missed Carrillo's chance and Agra's shot was as dangerous as the one Renato Neto got, not really a proper goal chance.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Possession: 58%-42% for Sporting

Shots: 8-6 for Olhanense

Fouls Committed: 12 for Sporting, 7 for Olhanense

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, I'd like to watch this game but since i can't I'll just wonder how long my post will be here....
It's in your hands. Say sorry and you are welcome. If you don't, you'll be bashed. Simple.

Im at work and can't watch, watching it over Record and Bola
Completely reliable sources then. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts